Industar LTM Industar-22 ?

Industar M39 lenses
What about a Canon VT?

I'm desperately in need of glass for mine. I have a Summicron 50/2, but it has cleaning marks and I don't wanna get it CLA'd.

I'm looking at:
Industar-22 (collapsible preferably)
Industar-69
Jupiter-8

I just need to know for sure if these lenses will cause any problems if I mount them on my VT.

Thank you all!

The J-8 and the I-22 should be OK. However, some I-22 may have mounts whose threads may not go and park in the same way as the Leica- the focusing tab may stop where the slow speed dial on the VT is.

The I-69 was meant for the Tchajka half frame cameras. Unless modified, it won't even focus right. And if modified for focus, the frame coverage is not sufficient. The edges will vignette. regardless of aperture or focus used. Unless of course this is what you want.

Thank you very much, ZorkiKat.

Very helpful to know. I was just about to buy an I-69 too. I think you changed my mind. I'll probably pick up an I-22.

Do you know what I should look for when shopping on ebay for one? To make sure I get one that will work for me?

Thank you very much, ZorkiKat.

Very helpful to know. I was just about to buy an I-69 too. I think you changed my mind. I'll probably pick up an I-22.

Do you know what I should look for when shopping on ebay for one? To make sure I get one that will work for me?

It's hard to tell just from the auction photos. You might be better off with a collapsible Industar 50 since all of these date from the time when the focus register was already standardised.

With an I-22, you have about a 95% chance that whatever you get will mount and focus well enough on your Canon.

One good seller, and one you can ask if the lens will properly mount on a Leica or Canon is Alex Komarov, "alex-photo"
http://myworld.ebay.com/alex-photo/ on eBay.

Last edited:
Thank you, cnphoto. And thank you again, ZorkiKat.

I'm going to do some research on the I-50. I've heard good stuff about the I-22, so that's why I wanted that one. But if the I-50 is decent enough, I may go for one of them, just for the added security.

Thank you, cnphoto. And thank you again, ZorkiKat.

I'm going to do some research on the I-50. I've heard good stuff about the I-22, so that's why I wanted that one. But if the I-50 is decent enough, I may go for one of them, just for the added security.

According to I. Maizenberg (the late, Soviet camera repair expert), the I-50 were replacements for the I-22. This lens was also used for the Zenit cameras. The I-50 was an improved design, and considered as the best of the 3,5 Industars. The I-26 and 61 split from the main line by having 2,8 maximum apertures instead of 3,5.

I have a few I-50 collapsible, and it's really hard to tell -from what is seen- what it really improved on the I-22. The rigid I-50 are truly great lenses too.

I thought it was about time that this subject came up again!, we just need someone to ask - if a J3 is any good - now! LOL ;)

Bear with me, Dave! I'm new here! *insert some kinda smilie here*

Heck. I've only JUST started using rangefinders. I only have 2 that are in working condition, and the Koni-Omega is too big to carry around all the time. Therefore, I need to make this Canon properly operational so I can take it with me all the time. I just don't wanna waste money.

Again, I thank everyone here. You're all helping me so much, even though I'm an annoying new guy who doesn't know anything yet.

Back