Illinois July 2012 meet-up

the 14th would work great for me ................... I might need further instruction on where to meet

Sel Marie is in Lincoln Square ( in Chicago ) on Lincoln near the intersection of Lawrence and Western. It's about a one and half minute walk from the Western stop on the Brown Line, and if you're driving, you can park on the street. Or, if you don't want to pay Goldman Sachs, simply park on a neighboring street and walk a couple of blocks.

Thanks for the directions the little searching I have done quickly turned up that the Sel Marie looks great and that it is just up the street from the Krause Music Store which was the last commission for architect Louis Sullivan .... something I have always wanted to see and photograph

Hey all,

Taking a cue from Tony at the last meet-up, I figured that I'd bring some film along that I don't intend to shoot for whoever wants it. It's some stuff that I thought I'd shoot, but just never got around to doing so. Some is expired, and some isn't. Anyway, I just thought that it would be a nice way to clear out some stuff that is just sitting around.

We decided to go to Pitchfork Fest at Union Park on Saturday so it's a no-go for me. If I had known someone would be giving away film, I would've been there for sure. Having no job is killing my film supply.

Well, I'm also bringing some free expired film, if that makes you feel better. :) Enjoy Union Park, and we'll catch you next meetup.

I plan on bringing that same bag of 20 rolls of film from last time.
Sam took a pic of it I think.
Unfortunately, I won't know if I can make it until the last minute.

Yes, that's the plan. We can meet right outside the front door in the square. If we can get a count on who's coming, whoever gets there first could get them to hold us a table.
I'm assuming four of us unless otherwise informed. :) As for free expired 135 film, do people want E-6 (Sensia 100) or C-41?

Sensia sounds good to me. I'll have some 135 and 120, mostly b&w, but some color ( C-41 ). Some of the stuff is expired, some is just stuff that I don't ever see myself shooting.

Back