just curious...

I`m not... it`s still just too big and slow for my type of photography. I feel the APSC Fujis are a better fit. It is cool though...

Not me: no interest at all.

If I were interested in this type of camera, I'd be more likely to look at the Nikon Z things, but I had that type of camera in the Leica SL and found that I no longer needed/wanted so much camera for what I do now.

G

I have considered the 50R and wouldn't mind giving it a try but what I currently have fulfills most of my photography need.

If I had 10,000$ to waste or sell all my current gear, I would get a 50R with 63mm and 23mm.
This or just get a Leica M10-P :)

Plus the GFX lenses are ridiculously big, I'm pretty content travelling light with an APS-C or FF kit

Nope.

The 50R looks like a fine camera. I just can't see the benefit for the type of pictures I take.

if i had the ready cash there would be little hesitation to buy...the body and 2 lenses and i would be happy...but i love my current fuji xe3 set-up and don't want to sell any of my current gear. i think i'll just go home and rearrange my camera bags in hopes that calms me down...

I was ready to go a few months ago but new hearing aids, a tooth extraction and implant and new glasses put an end to those thoughts.

I was ready to go a few months ago but new hearing aids, a tooth extraction and implant and new glasses put an end to those thoughts.

OUCH. Been there, done that, but not all in the same year. Probably an easy $15K for you younger folks that don't even thing about these things -:)

if i had the ready cash there would be little hesitation to buy...the body and 2 lenses and i would be happy...but i love my current fuji xe3 set-up and don't want to sell any of my current gear. i think i'll just go home and rearrange my camera bags in hopes that calms me down...

Never fails to soothe me. But it isn't long lasting.

I will probably buy one before the end of the year while the body + lens deals are still going.

Waiting till they actually ship to read some real world reviews.

I've found myself wanting the digital equivalent of a Mamiya 7 and this looks like it fits the bill. Was originally going to try and save for the Hassleblad X1d but read and heard a lot of negatives about actually using one despite how beautiful they are. This seems like the best alternative for me and signifcantly cheaper. They don't even charge extra for black.

Just debating which lens to buy it with. It doesn't look like they are releasing the new compact 50mm till next year so I'm leaning toward the 63. I tend to like a more normal focal length lens on medium format.

this past weekend i got to play with the 50r body...no battery or lens attached...but it was still a bit of fun to handle. it's like a fuji x body on steroids and i really liked it. it would not replace my xe3 body and lenses but down the road i hope to pick up a used one.

Back