just curious...

I would suggest you play with a mirrorless and check the lag in the viewfinder making it impossible to time exposures. Image is jumpy and makes me dizzy. You may not care. I prefer the speed of light like RF or SLR or Dslr.

I would suggest you play with a mirrorless and check the lag in the viewfinder making it impossible to time exposures. Image is jumpy and makes me dizzy. You may not care. I prefer the speed of light like RF or SLR or Dslr.

like i said...i have not played with a 'live' one yet.
my xe fujis are plenty fast for me.

The Camera Store had a 50R on their booths and salesman was kind enough to let me play with it and the 32-64mm, 45mm and 63mm lenses for 5-10 minutes

I felt right away at home with the body design as size is similar to the Texas Leicas (6x9 GSW and GW) and Fuji UI very easy to navigate through, all 3 lenses were pleasant to use, sharp and not overly big for the body.
Because of the MF sensor and no OIS, the test shots I took indoor turned out a little soft (ISO 400-800 and wide-open, shutter speed were around 1/25 - 1/50s).

I've been trying to figure out my next camera purchase (Leica M10, Sony A7III or A7RIII and the Fuji GFX 50R) and after playing with this camera, it has bumped into first spot.
I could see my self shooting exclusively with the 50R and 32-64 for landscape and picking up either prime for low light (I use my iphone for snapshots now a days anyway)
I still have a year to decide since I will not need a high-res camera until 2020 (big vacation planned for my wife) so I'm crossing my fingers on snagging a 50R and 32-64mm once the hype has faded.

I'm in same boat as you taemo and was thinking of the same cameras. Everything I've read led me to believe I wouldn't like a Sony. Everyone seems to say it makes great images but the user experience makes it really not very enjoyable to use.

I have an M9 which is great but I've craved something with some more modern features and higher resolution for special images. I used to use a Mamiya 6 or 7 for these sort of images, but I'm pretty much over scanning film.

I played with the 50R at the store and went home and pre-ordered one with the 63 but am sort of having second thoughts and might swap it to the 32-64 while these lens deals are still going.

Originally was thinking I wanted something smaller and lighter but now thinking it's a big camera anyway, the versitility of the zoom might make more sense. If I want smaller later I could get the 50mm that they are coming out with next year which promises to be smaller and lighter than the 63 or the 45.

Originally was thinking I wanted something smaller and lighter but now thinking it's a big camera anyway, the versitility of the zoom might make more sense. If I want smaller later I could get the 50mm that they are coming out with next year which promises to be smaller and lighter than the 63 or the 45.

Makes sense ...your new plan.

I'll get one when I win the lottery. Today, I'd rather spend my money on traveling with the cameras and lenses I own...too many of both anyway.

Such a long time I waited for an affordable digital MF camera... now I got the 50R, with 63. It is great to use, not too heavy, like a bigger X-E3, and very usable for street photography.

Would love to hear more about your experiences with the 50R and the 63 and see some photos if you've got any you'd like to share.

Such a long time I waited for an affordable digital MF camera... now I got the 50R, with 63. It is great to use, not too heavy, like a bigger X-E3, and very usable for street photography.

Life is Good! After a year of lust and disappointment, I finally was able to swing the GFX 50 R and the zoom. I even sold off enough gear to get the 23mm too. I'll have the wide in a few days but the zoom is mighty fine too. Took it out for the first real efforts today. All hand held and it shows in the pixel peeping but the definition is amazing. Not for the weak though. It's a pretty husky rig.

When my ship comes in... I'll get onboard.

I'll get one in a year or two but not this year.

Mike

P.S. If someone considers this [my] post to be lacking in content or not adding to the "conversation", just ignor it. No need to call me out on it.

Back