Kentmere 400, latest samples

Three takeaways from this thread:

You are a great photographer, dourbalistar, and an absolute family man.
Kentmere 400 is a good film at a decent price if developed correctly.
California (I assume this is where these photos were taken) is strikingly beautiful.

Three takeaways from this thread:

You are a great photographer, dourbalistar, and an absolute family man.
Kentmere 400 is a good film at a decent price if developed correctly.
California (I assume this is where these photos were taken) is strikingly beautiful.

Thank you, lukx, that's much too kind. I don't consider myself a great photographer, but what I lack in skill I make up with enthusiasm (and gear)! :D The latter two and a half takeaways are most definitely true, I'll give you that. I took up photography after my son was born, and I do love taking photos of my family and friends.

As for Kentmere 400, I'd never tried it before this year, but I'm enjoying it so far. Good film at a decent price as you say, but I'm of the camp that there are no truly bad film stocks. Outside of a few exceptions with obvious quality control issues, it's mainly a matter of preference, and finding the right process.

And yes, the photos were taken in California. :) Of course there's beauty to be found everywhere, but we're lucky to have so many varied landscapes in just one state - everything from beaches to mountains and forests and deserts.

Back