Kodachrome -Post your images!

But what if the new Ektachrome looks as good? I don't even know what I would do with transparencies.

Oooh, I can only hope!:angel:

I am shooting slide film this week. Not for slides, but for scanning! I would, however enjoy using the projector again but I do not want to get into that quite yet for various reasons.

.....I am shooting slide film this week. Not for slides, but for scanning! I would, however enjoy using the projector again but I do not want to get into that quite yet for various reasons.

This thread has inspired me to pull out a few rolls of 120 Velvia I had in the fridge and take some pics with my Yashica 124G. This was probably the first time I shot transparency film in three to four years. I forgot the thrill of seeing a positive image, and I forgot how impressive a 120 transparency is. I ordered some more Velvia in both 120 and 4X5 which I plan on shooting over the next few weeks.

And to stay on topic, a Kodachrome 64 pic from 1985.

San+Juan+Mountains.jpg

Jim B.

My dad had a Gremlin in 1975, it may have been a '74 model. By then it was already falling apart. He bought it in honor of the '63 Rambler station wagon that was one of the best family cars ever.

I had a white Gremlin in 76 that got stuck in mud that deep near the Genesse River in Letchworth State Park. Took it home, hosed it out and it still ran, although "running" for these cars was always "hopeful".:)

Is the guy with the magazine the father of those 15 children? He looks disinterested in making any more:) Another lovely shot and slice of life from a strict Catholic country.
John Mc

My immediate interpretation was that the old man was disinterested with “Cante Flamenco” or the kind of music being played by the boys at the back. However your interpretation is even more intriguing😎

Walnut Hill Fountain in Omaha. Dates from the early 1900s.

When I lived in this neighborhood, this was broken, rusted, and fenced off. They did a dynamite job restoring it!

GIII, K64

29293347078_1cf500356a_c.jpg

My mom brought some of my grandfather's slides over, and we've been scanning some of them.
This is Kodachrome from 1958 while they were in Peru, taken with a Leica.

Be935AFmsHzQ-HcK1DwXBOicpWpRtElzBGworx06rlbQtRsen4hp-0-SLVNBd-OOkfc0pSMZJdasx7PHMD6HCafPZAAq3y1pUofKEU6YS__MTb53YbwNzAooUY-X1ZznnYa5QwI-kjs=w1024-h728-no

One of those once-ubiquitous bread signs that you still occasionally see here in Flyover Country ... GIII

28225013187_ce54a9ee78_c.jpg

Wow! Time flies... been a little overwhelmed and the last images posted since I last commented are very nice!!! Thanks to all!:)
With Autumn literally on our doorstep, does anyone have Kodachrome images they can share? I need a little inspiration as we prepare for a day-trip picnic in the mountains beside a babbling brook in the Smokies.:)

How's this Dave? It's an indoor shot, but it's my daughter getting ready for the adventure of a ride on her new tricycle in 1986.
U51008I1535717141.SEQ.0.jpg

Nikon FE2 50/1.8 Kodachrome 25
John Mc

My dad shot a lot of Kodachrome in the 1970s while we were living in Japan and Hong Kong. And I do have hundreds of his slides scanned, but I don't have notes on which were Kodachrome and which are not. That means I'd have to go back and find the originals in the files to verify which shots I could post to this thread -- with about 15,000 slides to go through that's a lot of looking for needles in haystacks!

My dad shot a lot of Kodachrome in the 1970s while we were living in Japan and Hong Kong. And I do have hundreds of his slides scanned, but I don't have notes on which were Kodachrome and which are not. That means I'd have to go back and find the originals in the files to verify which shots I could post to this thread -- with about 15,000 slides to go through that's a lot of looking for needles in haystacks!

:)... But what fun you will have doing that!!!:cool:

A really nice thread with wonderful photos!
I have used Kodachrome, too. Was my film of choice in the 80ies.
But I've moved forward in the beginning of the 90ies to Fujichrome Velvia and Fujichrome RD 100.
RD 100 was my main replacement for Kodachrome 64. The reasons for me:
- RD 100 reached a similar level of sharpness and fineness of grain as K64
- it was 2/3 stops faster
- as an E6 film getting it developed was easier and cheaper.

In the later years RD 100 was further improved to RD 100 new, then into the professional Version Provia and then into Provia 100F.
With each development step it has besome significantly better. Whereas K64 remained the same.
Before it was discontinued in 2010 I've shot some K64 rolls again in direct comparison to Fujichrome Provia 100F. The difference has been very huge:
- Provia 100F has about 30% higher resolution (I did also some test chart comparisons)
- Provia has significantly better sharpness
- Provia has significantly finer grain
- Provia has more natural colors
- Provia has a much higher flexibility, as it can be used with pull and push processing in the ISO 50 to 400 range
- E6 development at home is very easy, cheap and gives perfect results.

Kodachrome was an excellent film in its days. But technolgy has significantly moved on and surpassed it significantly. For years Provia 100F is now one of my most used films.

Back