Kodachrome -Post your images!

I have returned to shooting slide film. Just picked up 200 rolls of expired film, half of which is Ektachrome and Provia. :D

My Kodachromes still languish in storage. I really wish I could scan them but life gets in the way. I think any comparison to anything I have done or will do with anything other than Kodachrome is just that. It is NOT Kodachrome and is not even comparable. I await the new Ektachrome but it will not have the character or opportunity to capture images of the past. No, sadly, those times are gone.

A classic '65 Mustang GT like my wife drove when we first started our lives together cannot be compared to a current Mustang model of any sort. The current cars are technologically better by any measure, but inferior to the memories and experiences of those who owned the classic models. I suspect there are a lot of Kodachrome images around with those classic Mustangs and it is rare to see those cars out of the safety of their garages, let alone K64 images of them!:p

I do miss Kodachrome. I miss classic cars. But no one can take away the legacy of either nor my memories of the changes in my life that included both. Family images and travel photos. Ah, yes, but enough talk, how about some more images to be posted?:D:D:D

Absolutely loving this thread of my favourite film! One of the biggest regrets of my time in photography is allowing my (now ex) wife anywhere near my collection of transparencies and negatives which mysteriously made their way into the rubbish bin....
I have roughly ten K64 images left from what must boxes full of them!

My daughter was born the same year Kodachrome went away; I took hundreds of baby pictures in Kodachrome during her first year of life but, personally significant as they are for me, I'd better spare you those :D. That said, among the many cherubic portraits I'd take a picture in the street now and then. I'll tag along and post as I find them.

Ash Monday Kite-Flying, Athens, Greece, 2009, on long-expired KM-25.

Χαρταετοί την Καθαρά Δευτέρα, Φιλοπάππου / Ash Monday Kite-flying, Filopappou by Alkis Plithas, on Flickr

A classic '65 Mustang GT like my wife drove when we first started our lives together cannot be compared to a current Mustang model of any sort. The current cars are technologically better by any measure, but inferior to the memories and experiences of those who owned the classic models. I suspect there are a lot of Kodachrome images around with those classic Mustangs and it is rare to see those cars out of the safety of their garages, let alone K64 images of them!:p

I do miss Kodachrome. I miss classic cars. But no one can take away the legacy of either nor my memories of the changes in my life that included both.

I can completely understand your feelings. I have very similar feelings concerning my Kodachromes from the 80ies.
But what I was referring to in my post above:
I don't live exclusively in the past and my memories of it ;).
I - fortunately - also live now and want to capture all the nice things I live through now. To have pictures of my life and remember it in twenty years from now, like having the pictures from my current past.
And the pictures now cannot be shot anymore with Kodachrome.
Therefore I am very thankful that I have such outstanding reversal films like Provia and the Velvias to enjoy and capture my current life and document it for the future.

I can completely understand your feelings. I have very similar feelings concerning my Kodachromes from the 80ies.
But what I was referring to in my post above:
I don't live exclusively in the past and my memories of it ;).
I - fortunately - also live now and want to capture all the nice things I live through now. To have pictures of my life and remember it in twenty years from now, like having the pictures from my current past.
And the pictures now cannot be shot anymore with Kodachrome.
Therefore I am very thankful that I have such outstanding reversal films like Provia and the Velvias to enjoy and capture my current life and document it for the future.

Agreed!!!:)

Strangely, it is a different world in which we live, now. It is wonderful to savor the past, I just received 200 rolls of Ektachrome, Provia, etc that has expired but I will slowly work my way through them and I look forward to the results.

My problem these days is what the heck am I going to shoot? Being house-bound, we rarely are able to venture far. But my camera is loaded and ready for something! In the meantime this thread will do and it has been wonderful. Thank you all.:)

Teaching my friend how to slide her GS in 1982. She was a good student!
U51008I1535981774.SEQ.0.jpg

Pentax MX Pentax-M 50/1.7 on Kodachrome 64
John Mc

sunrise over the main range of the Snowy Mountains, Victoria, Australia. Taken from The Horn, which is the summit of the Mt Buffalo plateau, c.1975
OM1 OM Zuiko 200mm f/4 Kodachrome 25

U27021I1537008519.SEQ.0.jpg

view south from the summit of Mt Kosciuszko, Australia's highest peak, c1975.
OM1 OM Zuiko 28mm f/3.5 Kodachrome 25.

U27021I1537007817.SEQ.0.jpg

sunrise over the main range of the Snowy Mountains, Victoria, Australia. Taken from The Horn, which is the summit of the Mt Buffalo plateau, c.1975
OM1 OM Zuiko 200mm f/4 Kodachrome 25

U27021I1537008519.SEQ.0.jpg

Wow, what an excellent picture!
Congratulations!
This will certainly look outstanding in projection!

Cheers, Jan

Wow, what an excellent picture!
Congratulations!
This will certainly look outstanding in projection!
Cheers, Jan

thanks Jan!

Snowgums at Rennix Gap, on the Kosciuszko road in the Snowy Mountains National Park, Australia, c.1977. OM1 OM Zuiko 28mm f/3.5 Kodachrome 25
U27021I1537107040.SEQ.0.jpg

Wow! The images recently posted are terrific!

If anyone has any doubt about the beauty and importance of Kodachrome and YOUR images, this thread should correct that impression.

Looking to see MORE images posted here!

Thanks!:D:D:D

I started shooting with Kodachrome 25 in the mid-1970s. I recently set-up to scan slides. Here are a couple of the first ones from that time I scanned. I have some from my Dad and uncle as far back as the late 1940s. Shot using a Zeiss Icarex 35 S TM with Zeiss Ultron 50mm f1.8

flowers by Mark Wyatt, on Flickr

Ducks by Mark Wyatt, on Flickr

Back