Kodak CEO Antonio M. Perez puts himself first

Well he's done a great job of steering the company. Of course he deserves it for all the hard work he's done.

? what does this have to do with phtography? If you want to buy or sell stock then go to a financial page.

If Kodak's remains are being systematically hollowed out for the personal benefit of a handful of tinpot robber barons -- like parasitoid wasps eating their way out of a doomed-but-still-living black-and-yellow caterpillar, say -- that reduces the odds that Kodak or some successor thereof will remain in the business of producing traditional photographic emulsions.

I should have thought that that would be obvious even to the most obtuse observer.

Oh my...

kodak-CEO-Antonio-Perez-faces-a-major-challenge.jpg

And of course he will be rewarded future positions of equal importance and financial gravity without boards even batting an eyelash.

I for one have always longed for that level of business where you can be a c*ck up without any consequence to your social status or pension plan or party invitations or kids' college educations or you name it. Must be real liberating, and a potent incentive to c*ck up even harder.

And of course he will be rewarded future positions of equal importance and financial gravity without boards even batting an eyelash.

I for one have always longed for that level of business where you can be a c*ck up without any consequence to your social status or pension plan or party invitations or kids' college educations or you name it. Must be real liberating, and a potent incentive to c*ck up even harder.

Remind me again, why elected governments shouldn't regulate capitalism?

They shouldn't regulate, because if they do then they won't get the 'donations' required to billshut <---(transposition required) the electorate, obviously . . .

No I can't believe that, over here the government clearly cuts corporate and high net wealth individuals' taxes to improve conditions for the vast majority, I don't see how making large donations to political parties could possibly influence them

politicians can run things better than CEOs? :) :) :)
and congresses and parliaments can make better decisions than boards? :) :) :)
same, same. power corrupts and all that ... :)

Kodak is an example of why capitalisim works, poorly managed by greed and stupid upper management it goes the way of the Dido. All the products that Kodak made (or makes) are being made by better ran companies. This is good for the consumer who ends up with a better product at less cost. Rather than prop up a failing company like Chrysler or GM with tax payer's money for a few votes Kodak will go in the history books of how not to run a company.

Does any school teach econ 101 anymore?

Remind me again, why elected governments shouldn't regulate capitalism?

Come with me to Cuba and see where that road leads.

I will be the first to admit that money is not everything but I think most of us would not trade where we are for where that road takes you.

? what does this have to do with phtography? If you want to buy or sell stock then go to a financial page.

Those financial pages are too full of the experts over there talking about lens character and boken.

I previously asked if anyone here had any actual experience in business restructuring as management, board member, creditor, or adviser. No one spoke up.

I express no opinion about Perez or other members of Kodak management as I simply do not have all the facts.

Back