Kodak changes logo, looses brand identity

Ah 2006, it's interesting to see some differences from what we assumed then at the shift of the decade. Or wait, it's been 2 decade shifts since?!

2008-10 is when I went into film and recently due to the color film market situation I have been thinking about this specially.
Withdrawing my bet on Fuji (OT), who at the time of writing has an uncertain situation on color film manufacturing, including toll coating by Kodak so there is Kodak (and Ilford) made Fujifilm. Infact as far as I remember, after 2008, all new film tech has been released by Kodak. Vision 3, Ektar and the new Portras plus reformulations to keep the product available.

As of Claremont's (RIP) statement on consumer film, it keeps on going and proving to be very popular. Earlier on we might have dismissed the lowly Kodak color plus and Fuji C200, but nowadays they are coveted and appreciated for their look.

Eastman Kodak did well in taking the 87-06 branding with the K. It would look neat for film, as the latest redesign for Gold and Ultramax are very minimalistic and plain.

The funniest part about this revived zombie thread is that there was yet another new Kodak logo introduced in the interim: the current logo with KODAK arranged vertically. They're trying to out-do Sears in the "how many logos do we need at any one time?" race.

Back