Kodak Ultramax

I'm confused -- I thought Ultramax (one word) was a new emulsion, not the same as what was sold as Max or Ultra Max few years ago. So I'd be interested to see results from the current film. The packaging is different -- more like Portra. (Is that the only difference?)

I'm curious: is this a negative or print scan? Cheers, OtL
@Out to Lunch, it is a scan of the negative. Richard Photo Lab did both the development and scanning.
I'm confused -- I thought Ultramax (one word) was a new emulsion, not the same as what was sold as Max or Ultra Max few years ago. So I'd be interested to see results from the current film. The packaging is different -- more like Portra. (Is that the only difference?)
The recent samples I've posted were with film that expired in 2019, so definitely the old packaging. Unfortunately, I have not tried the film with the new packaging to compare. Perhaps there's also a change from acetate base to ESTAR base?

When it as my only option I tried Kodak Max years ago.
It was a different film and it was pretty awful.

IMO Kodak Ultra Max 400 is far superior.
It's still in production and is my go-to color negative film.

Chris

@KoNickon, I found this post from Blue Moon Camera that notes:

Thanks for this! So, presumably (but not certainly?) the latest packaging indicates a tweaked emulsion, but maybe not sufficiently different to make a big impression. All the same, good to have it and easily available -- I see it at Walgreens. (CVS carries Fujifilm 400 it seems.)

Thanks for this! So, presumably (but not certainly?) the latest packaging indicates a tweaked emulsion, but maybe not sufficiently different to make a big impression. All the same, good to have it and easily available -- I see it at Walgreens. (CVS carries Fujifilm 400 it seems.)
Isn't Fujifilm 400 now actually Kodak Ultramax 400?

Back