Leica CL Glamour Photos

4852506360_dcab5c90ae_z.jpg

Got this a few months back from KEH for cheap because it has a broken meter. Also picked up the relatively inexpensive m-rokkor 40mm. People seem surprised to find out that you can buy a Leica outfit for way less than a grand.

Shown next to a 50mm Hasselblad lens for scale.

I haven't used my Hassy much since getting the CL!

Just when you think you're done... Absolutely no more cameras!

This happens:
My CL with CV35/2.5 and a Mr. Zhou case. [A Zho(ot) suit?]

NO, WAIT...
Oh I see, it's a no-name old film camera....

not $ome expen$ive known name.

Attachments

• CLs.jpg
    CLs.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Been playing around with the iphone, what a fun little program is Hipstamatic.
Cheers,
Jim

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 1
My CL

My CL

I've found it after a long watch over the bay.
I've received it with the summicron (and a hood stuck, which I removed at last...).
Now She's in good company!:D
Summicron 90c and Jupiter 8

Attachments

• 19022011-_RLI1893.jpg
    19022011-_RLI1893.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 0
My Leica CL Combination

My Leica CL Combination

My Leica CL is finally complete: I managed to get the camera locally at a very good price. I've had some problems with the light meter, but I think it may be fine now. The camera is encased in a Zhou half-case--which I wasn't sure about before receiving it, but really like it now. I've attached a Domke strap (740-6BK), with rubber woven into the underside of the strap, mounted to one side of the camera as the original designers at Leica intended.

I have a Zeiss 35mm f/2 ZM lens (not shown) and a Zeiss 50mm f/2 ZM lens--which took me many months to buy due to the problems in Japan with production since the earthquake. Both of those lenses use the same B&W 43mm filters and lens hood. On the camera is a Leica 90mm Elmarit-M f/2.8 lens (made in Germany) with a B&W 49mm filter. It was quite an adventure buying that lens at an excellent price.

The final touch is a Voigtlander viewfinder on top for the 90mm lens. I think it adds extra coolness to the look. I just bought that from Camera Quest. I ordered it on a Saturday morning, and Stephen Gandy shipped it that day from California and it arrived at my apartment in Milan a few days later.

Altogether I think it's a slick looking set up

russelljtdyer-leica-cl-20120605-rangefinders.jpg

Here's a shot of my Leitz Minolta CL fitted with a Canon Serenar 50mm f1.8, Ilford Hood and a Gordy Strap.

This is my second CL. Sold the 1st one and instantly regretted it. Perfect companion to my M8 and beginning to takeover as my main shooter.

image-3576434476.jpg

efix, i think so. Just got my first roll and it looks sharp. But I want to change the lens soon. This came with the camera.

Back