Leica Instax Camera? Rumor

KRaZiGLiTcH

Established
Local time
4:27 AM
Hey saw this spreading around, its a Leica instax camera.
not sure if fake though.

The reported specs are:
  • Lens: Auto-Hektor 1:12,7/60mm lens (34mm equivalent on 35mm film)
  • Three focusing zones: Macro (no distance in the info) / Standard 60cm-3m / Infinity 3m-infinty
  • Will take Fuji-Instax film (62x46mm pictures)
  • Selfie mode
  • Price: under 300€
  • Shipping in November
  • Three colors available: white, orange and mint
Leica-Instant-Sofort-Camera-2.jpg

Leica-Instant-Sofort-Camera-4.jpg

Source is http://fujiaddict.com/2016/09/12/new-leica-copying-fujifilm-instax-in-new-lfi-magazine/
Sorry if this has been posted.

Why not? Its business. Fujifilm made lots of money selling throw away camera.
If its true Leica is giving more choice.
As they say----" to suit every pocket"

Sure, why not. As a gag I copied the Leica red dot, sized and printed it out on gummed paper then cut them out and stuck them on all sorts of stuff. Can openers, 99 cent plastic cameras, kids toys, etc.

I would hope if Leica was going to make an instant, it would be more...rangefindery?

Like, actual focusing maybe? faster lenses?

I love the Instax Neo 90, but I have certain expectations, especially with the inevitable Leica price point.

I'd like the mint one. I've always wanted a 'mint' camera! :D

Needs to be called "minty" and have a mint taste if you lick it, for authenticity. And the wrapping needs to be waxed paper that you can tear into a veeeeeeery long string :)

So a rebranded Fuji... yup
No,It wont be Fuji at all.Even though made in Fuji factory.
Leica hired manufacturing fecility at Fuji plant with workers and also paid for design and everything that went into making this Leica brand and also other.
In this day and age why can they have commercial partnership?
Thats the only way forward.

The inscription "Designed by Leica Camera Germany" means nothing but it's built elsewhere, and I don't believe it's in Portugal, Canada or Japan. It may very well be the first Leica camera made in China.

PS: It looks quite uncomfortable to hold.

The inscription "Designed by Leica Camera Germany" means nothing

I am surprised that something like this would be legal as a product description. "Designed and built by Fuji with minor styling tweaks by Leica" would be a more accurate description. And, seriously, why would you pay double the price for that?!

At least it is only a rumor for now...

It's not about the law but the decence.

I was almost shocked to discover on the first iPod I bought the inscription "Designed by Apple in California Assembled in China". I have never bought another Apple product ever since.

At least it is only a rumor for now...

The inscription is a indication that this is no Leica draft but a photoshop job out of someones imagination - Leica are far more subtle about the degree of participation they have in their outsourced products...

It's not about the law but the decence.

I was almost shocked to discover on the first iPod I bought the inscription "Designed by Apple in California Assembled in China". I have never bought another Apple product ever since.

I guess one can add: many goody two shoes tend to believe the marketing gag when there’s an inscription that sounds like «MADE IN USA», «MADE IN EU», or the like.

They simply have a blind spot that, again, certain Western enterprises (re-)discovered that there are many many people WITHIN the Western world that are willing to work in a sweatshop, for lack of a decent employment ...

Back