Leica M Monochrom: best pics

Hope so! Though I think they're likely to just use the D4 shots...their loss!

I was just talking with the author of that Florida cookbook, and he's decided to use some of my Monochrom 'prep' shots in the book!

L1000380-Edit-2.jpg

The Cage that Locks a Wing - 35 LUX FLE

L1000369-Edit.jpg

Green 1 - APO Cron 75 ASPH

L1000373-Edit-2.jpg

Green 2 - APO Cron 75 ASPH

Dirk, if you have any photo activities in the city, please give me a heads up~ hahaha

Nice and cozy! So who shot your portrait? How are you finding the 21/2.8 ASPH? Do you need to use an external VF?

My loving wife took the shot (with a bit of help ;)), and I just added her photo credit. Yes I use the 21mm external VF, and it's totally fine. I should post a close up detail of my face - the detail is incredible (the face itself isn't, sadly).

Originally I bought an earlier 21mm/2.8 lens (pre-ASPH, not 6-bit coded, and had the pins for the lens hood), but it just didn't work for me. This lens is much better -- smoother, 6-bit coded, and has a hood cap that works better than the arrangement I worked up for the other lens.

Just came back from a trip - wow this thread does have speed to it ;-)

Will post some shots later next days …
@xiaubauu, shoot me a PM with your mail, let's get in touch about a meet up in Shanghai.

Nice Vince. Love the shot of the Mrs....
Thanks Dave and love the 2nd one in your last set.

Good stuff one and all and looking forward to seeing your new work menos..

Hi Jim,

I do commercial advertising for over 2 dozen hospitals in my area. I took this while shooting for one of them. I was the staff photographer for one of them for 10 years and started my own business 12 yeas ago specializing in healthcare.

I've had the Monochrom for six days now, and it's been an absolute blast so far. I love this camera.

This thread - which I lurked for the last few months - has been an ongoing inspiration, and invaluable resource in evaluating the purchase. Thanks so much for sharing your work and your experience with the Monochrom. I'll continue to follow with interest.

Here are some of my first shots taken in these six days. I only shot at night time, or indoor, here in London, except for a quick walk last Sunday - but unfortunately it was raining. I'm looking forward to the weekend to go out and catch some daylight.

Bugs Bunny in Ladbroke Grove by fabiolug, on Flickr
Leica Summicron 35mm f/2 ASPH

Church and trees, night exposure by fabiolug, on Flickr
Zeiss C Sonnar T* f/1.5 50mm ZM

Light Shadow - 105 by fabiolug, on Flickr
Leica Summicron 35mm f/2 ASPH

Pub conversation, Soho by fabiolug, on Flickr
Zeiss C Sonnar T* f/1.5 50mm ZM

Back