Leica M10 Monochrom picture leaked online

Ah, yes, Leica continues the tradition of premium models being denoted by a big ol' gnarly hardware-store wood screw over the adjustment port... “Look, he's shooting with the new Hillbilly Special Edition!”

why cant they line up that screw perfectly either in the horizontal or
vertical axis?
That would look krap on a $20 Kiev let alone an $8000 Leica.

I never noticed that screw before... now I can't take my bloody eyes off it. I like how they changed it slightly from the 262; instead of getting rid of it!

A bit difficult to comment given the new one and the last iteration look virtually identical except for minor cosmetic changes and one functional one - what appears to be the slightly larger VF window of the M10.

Maybe it's the rangefinder adjustment screw. I wonder how much the accessory Leica screwdriver is - $1500 for the silver and $2500 for the black titanium?

Yeah, I'm sorry but that screw is so butt-ugly.

Although the new version appears to be flat, as opposed to the previous version being slightly domed. Is that an improvement? Not really sure.

I'll stick with my antique M9 based digitals.

Best,
-Tim

I'm sorry. You get a new 41MP sensor and all you can do is complain about a ***** screw! Unbelievable! I'm just hoping it will drive down the prices for the original Monochrom. Always lusted after one but sadly out of reach...

I'm sorry. You get a new 41MP sensor and all you can do is complain about a ***** screw! Unbelievable! I'm just hoping it will drive down the prices for the original Monochrom. Always lusted after one but sadly out of reach...

S,

Over 7 years ago I bought my MM. 7 years later it is still a great camera. Had the sensor replaced, and at the same time got an overhaul: both for free.

I know the M-246 is a more advanced camera in every way, but the MM still has its charm warts and all.

The only two things it has over a M-246 is its unique rendering (CCD) and to me a better midrange that allows it to transcend formats so that large prints look like medium format and at times with the perfect image capture and clean file even like large format.

BTW I remember the critics from 7 years ago. One poster here on RFF said, "Building a monochrome camera is dumb."

Also know because so many have reacted strongly to hating that mentioned screw, I now have the opinion that I like it a lot. LOL. Makes me want to buy the camera, which I find to be funny.

Cal

I find it amusing that that screw is so offensive to you guys. I've always felt the red dot was truly awful. I will always cover the dot with tape; however ugly and ridiculous the tape looks, it's 1000 times better than that stupid red dot. So to me the screw is a huge improvement. It looks simple and utilitarian; right in keeping with Leica's industrial minimalist aesthetic. Oh well; to each his own, I guess.

S,

Over 7 years ago I bought my MM. 7 years later it is still a great camera. Had the sensor replaced, and at the same time got an overhaul: both for free.

I know the M-246 is a more advanced camera in every way, but the MM still has its charm warts and all.

The only two things it has over a M-246 is its unique rendering (CCD) and to me a better midrange that allows it to transcend formats so that large prints look like medium format and at times with the perfect image capture and clean file even like large format.

BTW I remember the critics from 7 years ago. One poster her on RFF said, "Building a monochrome camera is dumb."

Also know because so many have reacted strongly to hating that mentioned screw, I now have the opinion that I like it a lot. LOL. Makes me want to buy the camera, which I find to be funny.

Cal

I think Monochrome is the best and most value camera that Leica makes. I can replace an M10 (yes Fujifilm) but there is nothing out there to replace Monochrome. And the output is unbelievable, love it.

Back