Leica M10 Monochrom picture leaked online

Personally no problem with the screw, if a buy a camera it is a tool not something to look at :) but I understand somebody doesn't like it!

Interesting camera but I do not need 41 MP ...for me 24 are more than ok!

Do I think to buy it? No, but I would like to try one just to compare the B&W with the one I get from the M10.

The screw is bigger, flat. I like it. I’m still coming to terms with the missing frame line illumination window of recent digital Leicas, but this new screw helps defuse my resistance. Interesting.

The screw is bigger, flat. I like it. I’m still coming to terms with the missing frame line illumination window of recent digital Leicas, but this new screw helps defuse my resistance. Interesting.

Richard,

Someone should start a poll focusing not on the merits of a new camera, but the single screw on the proposed M10M.

Should provide mucho conflict and somehow sadly reflects the era we live in of polarizing and division that is happening around the world.

Pretty high entertainment value. LOL. Let's sort this out before we launch missiles.

Cal

Richard,

Someone should start a poll focusing not on the merits of a new camera, but the single screw on the proposed M10M.

Should provide mucho conflict and somehow sadly reflects the era we live in of polarizing and division that is happening around the world.

Pretty high entertainment value. LOL. Let's sort this out before we launch missiles.

Cal

This is a great idea :)

This is a great idea :)

Robert,

Call me a Drama Queen. Great conflict and all about a single screw.

It is a great time to be a photographer.

It is kinda funny how one word, "Leica" can annoy people. LOL.

Almost like a great sitcom, with a slaptick bent, no matter what Leica does they get beat down. I'm howling...

Cal

Cal, it seems there are lots of foxes around who can’t reach / afford the grapes so they must be sour. ;-)

Richard,

Cal

Poll is up, BTW. Just for fun/to prolong the agony.

Cal, it seems there are lots of foxes around who can’t reach / afford the grapes so they must be sour. ;-)
Please. Poking fun at obvious design flaws is just that.

Sour grapes seems to be the de facto fall back position brought in by those who confuse their own envy as jealousy in others, unable to view (unsolicited, and ultimately superficial) criticism as unrelated to their own desires.

I'm here all week...:p

It looks amazing. I do still wish that Leica would build a monochrome sensor camera with a 4 or 5 stop nd filter array over some of the sensor pixels to increase the highlight exposure range. Cameras can process the rgb input from bayer filter sensors so it should be trivial to implement, but it hasn’t been done. There are still plenty of situations where the highlight rendition and/or the way highlights blend to pure white is a lot less nice than it was on film.

Marty

... There are still plenty of situations where the highlight rendition and/or the way highlights blend to pure white is a lot less nice than it was on film.

Marty

Agreed. A problem I was battling yesterday on an M9 file and today on several X1D files. Shooting in full sun in snowy deciduous woods today, lots of abrupt highlight disappearance. There used to be a contrast reducing filter I used when shooting slides, it would help fairly well in certain light. On my list to research and see if I can track one down to experiment with.

The screw is hot. Industrial chic. The fact that leica is continuing to make these Monochrom cameras elevates them over everyone else. Mega cool.

My MA has a similar screw! Inconceivable!

Utterly unacceptable so I threw the whole thing in the trash.

Hey huss, I'm sorry you found out about the screw. I know it must feel awful, unusable, dirty. How dare they put that screw there.

On the upside I now have something new to talk about with my therapist. She was getting tired of my “why cant I buy tasty falafels in LA?” rants.

Back