Leica official response to the Leica M9 inability to save images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not before I will be convinced, without doubt that Leica can provide me a camera that can save the images it take.

Currently they said that they can't promise that and that the cameras don't do what they suppose to do. This is why they took it back and return the money long after the policy time.

After this trauma convinced meaning seeing in my eyes the specific camera shots at list 10,000 frames without any issues & Andres signature along with 10 years warranty and backup body for free. And than, only maybe.

Gil

I can say the customer service staffs from Leica didn't do a good job in this case. They should contact G and ask him be patient while they have been looking for a solution.

I remembered you said that you sold all your gears. Will you buy them back? :D

Cheer!
Thang

I'm not twisting anything. I'm just going on the information you are supplying. Up until your last post, I was given to understand that reformatting the card in camera did solve the problem.

Ok, I'm going to take a different route here. I would be pissed off too if I spent all that cash and was losing images consistently...and am not sure I'd be acting rationally either. When I first started using my M9, I had errors on my Sandisk Ultra SD card. I lost images, etc. I formatted it correctly prior to using it, etc. I was a bit sick. However, I haven't had these issues since and received a new card from Sandisk. It's easy to sit here and be critical for someone overreacting to an issue... but it IS a lot of cash and the camera should work properly. Perhaps a little more compassion.

2 of the cards were from the list. Other cards were recommended by Leica dealer and rep after the first ones died.

It rather looks as if Leica was stupid enough not to issue a list of certified cards to use with their camera.

Unfortunately it didn't. Not for me and not for at list 30 others :-(

I'm not twisting anything. I'm just going on the information you are supplying. Up until your last post, I was given to understand that reformatting the card in camera did solve the problem.

After this trauma convinced meaning seeing in my eyes the specific camera shots at list 10,000 frames without any issues & Andres signature along with 10 years warranty and backup body for free. And than, only maybe.

Ok, so what are you trying to gain from this internet crusade? I was on your side, but if you've already received your money back, then what are you going to get out of this?

I won't Leica to stop selling defective cameras and admit to other users about the problem instead of telling them everything is ok.

I talked to many users who sent their cameras to Solms again and again and been ignored, losing extremely important photographs as a photographers.

For beginning it would be nice if Leica will prevent the next person going into the store from this Trauma.

I would also appreciate if Leica would be able to sell an M9 that Leica can say is not faulty.

I don't think this is much.

Gil

If the problem exists, it should be stated in public by Leica.

If the problem doesn't exist, that's what Leica should state in public.

Cheers,

Juan

The fact that "Leica is trying to solve the problem" well after releasing a camera that's supposed to be pro level just indicates they're catering to people who are more concerned about the name on the faceplate than the functionality of the camera. "They're trying to fix it" doesn't wash. Either produce a camera to professional level or don't; the owners should not be the beta testers.

OK folks, I think the important point of a customer finding an issue with a product he purchased and reporting it to other potential customers has been served.

You don't have to agree or disagree with his comments or they way he has addressed the problem, but personal attacks are not appropriate.

I don't think there is a need to let this discussion to go on and degenerate. I will close it at this point, and yes, there are other forums where similar posts are alive and growing. Take the sour stuff there, though I would hope you could get past the petty attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back