Leica Q2, SL2-S, or Canon R5?

Thank you all for your comments, that gave me plenty to think about. I pulled the trigger and ordered the Leica SL2-S with Summicron-SL 35mm f/2 bundle. Why? The Q2's 28mm is too wide for me, I didn't like the lack of USB-C port, and the lower resolution viewfinder. I also wanted to invest into a system that provides more flexibility (e.g. lens choices). In terms of specs, the Canon R5 beats the Leicas by a long stretch and was a strong contender, but as others have pointed out in this thread, you can't make all decisions in photography by numbers and specs alone, the emotional aspect is important, too.

Thank you all for your comments, that gave me plenty to think about. I pulled the trigger and ordered the Leica SL2-S with Summicron-SL 35mm f/2 bundle. Why? The Q2's 28mm is too wide for me, I didn't like the lack of USB-C port, and the lower resolution viewfinder. I also wanted to invest into a system that provides more flexibility (e.g. lens choices). In terms of specs, the Canon R5 beats the Leicas by a long stretch and was a strong contender, but as others have pointed out in this thread, you can't make all decisions in photography by numbers and specs alone, the emotional aspect is important, too.

Just don't expect SL2-S AF to be much better than Q2's.

LCAG decision to kill X (35mm FOV) series for more profitable Q (28mm) was not something applaudable.
For emotional aspect less costly APC-S Leica cameras were just right. :)

Back