Leica Summaron 35mm f/2.8 - Post your pics

6197383006_fae6333627_o.jpg

5353755770_1b3f00b4a8_z.jpg

Vancouver 1977. I used to carry a M4 with the Summaron 35f2.8 as my "lunch break" camera. I worked close to Vancovers China town (Carrall/W.Pender) and weather permitting - I would walk around for 45 min.
Across the street was the "Chinese Time" and every morning they would paste up todays paper on the windows and the locals would come and read the headlines. This gentleman was engrossed in the paper and I got several shots of him. he looked very classy with his hat and cane.
TriX/D76/1:1/10 min.

Last edited:
5353755770_1b3f00b4a8_z.jpg

Vancouver 1977. I used to carry a M4 with the Summaron 35f2.8 as my "lunch break" camera. I worked close to Vancovers China town (Carrall/W.Pender) and weather permitting - I would walk around for 45 min.
Across the street was the "Chinese Time" and every morning they would paste up todays paper on the windows and the locals would come and read the headlines. This gentleman was engossed in the paper and I got several shots of him. he looked very classy with his hat and cane.
TriX/D76/1:1/10 min.

Great story...Beautiful shot
another CLASSIC of yours I WANT !!!!

2325862146_769bd5cd85_z.jpg

This is with one of the stranger applications of the Summaron 35mm f2.8. It is a MDa 24x36 Post Camera. Huge "funnel" like box with two flashes built in - a pistol grip to hold the contraption. Lens locked in focus at 0.6 or 0.7 meter. F-stop locked at f8. It was used to take pictures of phone meters and electrical meters.
Of course. laying my hand on it - I thought it could be used as a fixed focus portrait camera! Not to flattering though - maybe could be used for driver's license shot though!
The reason for using the Summaron 35f2.8 was probably two-fold, A/ It was cheaper than the 8 element Summicron and B/ the Summaron is better at close focus than the Summicron - significantly better. I suspect that today, it's only rival is the C Biogon 35f2.8.
Good those glasses are ugly!!!!!!

Guys, please, keep them coming - especially BW. The look is just lovely.

If I ever get a 35mm rangefinder again (or, god forbid, some digital mockup that can use one) I will have hard time NOT to get a 35/2.8 Summaron.

I just got this lens last week.
Need to get out and shoot more but already love the results.
On Tri-X.

img915.jpg

Last edited:
Back