Leica X1 - Is this for real?

APSC? Even better than 4/3 but what kind of mount will it be (surely not M?) and what might it cost? Kind of like a cross between a digital CL and a Barnak. I hope this isn't just a very, very good fake...

The guy seems to be a genuine Leica fan. If this is a fake then whoever did it should be designing cameras, it looks great.

X1 mount -- could be fixed lens?

if it's interchangeable, let's hope it's not different from the samsung NX - we don't want two micro mounts for this format

danny

It looks like an unfinished mock-up to me. Way too "plain" for a true working camera. Looks like a rebuild Panasonic GF1 than a new camera. Let's see in a few days.

Love that "CEMOS" sensor. And supposedly it has a built-in flash. Maybe the dial where a rewind post would be pops up. I notice the serial number on the lens is "1234567."

That looks way cool. Interested to see what they actually present on the 9th. If it looks like that I might actually buy one.

If this is a real picture, then yes, it might be a fixed lens. The (smaller) aperture dial at the top rear seems to only show f2.8 to f16. Interestingly, both the aperture and shutter speed dials look to have red mark settings.
Just perhaps :
both set to red mark = program mode
shutter dial only at red = aperture priority mode
aperture dial set to red = shutter priority mode

I guess we`ll just have to wait a little more.
It`s killing me:bang:

Al

It looks like an unfinished mock-up to me. Way too "plain" for a true working camera. Looks like a rebuild Panasonic GF1 than a new camera.

It looks like a real design model (where secondary buttons and knobs get only added later on in the process, as the engineers populate the dummy shape). The fantasies of the average dream camera renderer immediately rotate around functions galore, making their output much more knobby than this thing.

Far from a finished product, though - it does not even have a knob to unlock the bayonet. I would not be surprised if Leica were to leak a few more concurrent design studies to increase the tension for the presentation date.

Back