Leitz Focomat 1c

Thank you very much for your help. I'll wait until my lens arrives (I am in Colombia) and as soon as I install it, I will let you know if I run into any trouble. It seems it is very easy so I imagine i will have little or no problems.

Thanks again!!
EDUARDO

My dear friends, unfortunately, the order for the extension was not successful. I am respectfully asking you my friends to help me, please, find another extension for my Focomat 1c and my Nikkor 50 mm f/4 lens that does cost a fortune. Being out of the US, it is not easy so any help is deeply appreciated. Thanks very much and best wishes
EDUARDO Here's my email if convenient. [email protected]

My dear friends, unfortunately, the order for the extension was not successful. I am respectfully asking you my friends to help me, please, find another extension for my Focomat 1c and my Nikkor 50 mm f/4 lens that does cost a fortune. Being out of the US, it is not easy so any help is deeply appreciated. Thanks very much and best wishes
EDUARDO Here's my email if convenient. [email protected]

Look on eBay for extension tube sets made for Barnack Leicas.

These are frequently offered by FSU sellers. There is usually the correct length extension tube in these sets. The el Nikkor 50mm on my Focomat uses a tube obtained in this way.

Thanks, please, what is FSU? How do I exactly write on Ebay search for the extension?

FSU is an abbreviation for "Former Soviet Union". Most often it will be Ukrainian or Russian vendors offring the tubes.

Search eBay for "Leica Extension Tubes" and be sure to buy ones with the Barnack (sometimes called LTM) screw mount, not extension tubes for the Leica Visoflex or Leica reflex.

Hello my friends, I finally got my extension. It fitted perfectly. A couple of questions: If the lens screws perfectly to the enlarger, what's the extension for? And, please check the picture: The Nikkor lens came with this ring. What is its purpose? I didn't need any extension on my old Fujimoto enlarger. Thanks for your invaluable help.
EDUARDO

Attachments

• IMG_20180309_151233516.jpg
    IMG_20180309_151233516.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 0
Lens boards without lens threads... A couple of my Beseler enlarger lens boards were like this.

Sorry to continue bothering you but I still find several issues that I don't understand. My old Fujimoto, as stated before, did not have so many little issues.
I have seen something about "Newton rings" and a lens or something that prevents this. Can you please explain me a little more about this? I am forever grateful.

Sorry to continue bothering you but I still find several issues that I don't understand. My old Fujimoto, as stated before, did not have so many little issues.
I have seen something about "Newton rings" and a lens or something that prevents this. Can you please explain me a little more about this?
The 1C is an autofocus enlarger..so it has more things to consider in using it..
I stopped using the condenser against the neg for dust and Newtons ring issues...and manual focus it instead..but if you want corner to corner sharpness..and a flat neg..the condenser is the way to go..
But you can get a spacer made for the enlarger but it is expensive and hard to find..it attaches to the condenser..or you make one yourself..

Thanks Emile and friends. Sorry for late reply, I have been a little busy these days. But now I return to my almost complete darkroom including my Focomat.

I don't want to appear dumb, but since my old Fujimoto and Minox enlargers, are simpler, I find myself with issues that I have never dealt with before using enlargers. Case in point "autofocus" I know what autofocus is in my Nikon digital camera, but what is it in my enlarger? If you can give me a little more explanation, I would appreciate it very much. You say, Emile, that you don't use this "autofocus" feature. This means I can focus just as I used to do it with the Fujimoto and Minox? And if I don't use it, it means no Newton rings?

And concerning the light bulb, since nowadays, common, traditional tungsten light bulbs are almost unavailable, what size in watts you recommend me when using modern LED bulbs?

Thanks my friends!!!
EDUARDO

And concerning the light bulb, since nowadays, common, traditional tungsten light bulbs are almost unavailable, what size in watts you recommend me when using modern LED bulbs?

This.

59360.jpg

HEILAND ELECTRONIC LED Kaltlichtquelle für Leitz Ic

Erik.

Whoa Erik..that is one pricy lightbulb...lol...

my old Fujimoto and Minox enlargers, are simpler,
Yup..
autofocus..but what is it in my enlarger
You never have to focus it..if I have time the next few days..I will post pics of what this is about..
But if you want to manual focus it..you will have to pull the lil metal thingy off that guides it..
Unfortunately..I lost mine after I took it off...and have to locate a new one..
If anyone has one to spare..let me know..

This device - a cold light source - takes in your enlarger the place of the old fashioned light bulb. It can be used for split-grade enlarging and many other enlarging techniques.

Yes, it is expensive. Unfortunately.

Erik.

Back