Lets see your black body with chrome lens.

5701226038_88fc2b050f_z.jpg

Reviving this thread

Reviving this thread

I'm rather partial to black bodies and silver lenses:D

Attachments

• blackandsilver.jpg
    blackandsilver.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
My new Elmar just arrived for the M9!
Feels like Christmas!

I love the look of chrome lenses on black bodies - nothing strange about that combination in my opinion! I love the look, these old lenses provide quite more though ;-)

L1045708-M8%20Digital%20Camera-Leitz%205cm%20f3.5%20Elmar%20arrives.jpg

You got me hooked...here's the Black Paint MP with Summitar again...:p

6989496118_e634f6c5d8_b.jpg

Attachments

• Summitar And Black Paint MP Collage - Mar-2012 Small.jpg
    Summitar And Black Paint MP Collage - Mar-2012 Small.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 0
How on earth did you colour in the aperture blades like that?

Looks like a frankenstein lens repair job, mixing blades from two lenses by a tech with a sense of humor - looks interesting - pity about the uneven no of blades though.

BB that collapsible 5cm looks sweet - I just bought myself the third Summitar, waiting for the mail now :D
Call me crazy, but I just love these Summitars and collapsible Summicron lenses. Found myself a proper vintage snap on hood in Germany as well - making pictures, once arrived.

Looks like a frankenstein lens repair job, mixing blades from two lenses by a tech with a sense of humor - looks interesting - pity about the uneven no of blades though.

BB that collapsible 5cm looks sweet - I just bought myself the third Summitar, waiting for the mail now :D
Call me crazy, but I just love these Summitars and collapsible Summicron lenses. Found myself a proper vintage snap on hood in Germany as well - making pictures, once arrived.

you're slowly turning into a collector...so, what's it gonna be for this weekend, will you be on 120 film or Leica's?:D

Actually it wasn't a repair job. The picture highlighted the abberation. The lens was bought in Tokyo from a very reputable dealer.
Looks funny though:D

you're slowly turning into a collector...so, what's it gonna be for this weekend, will you be on 120 film or Leica's?:D

Ah no, I just can't control the finger, when seeing a beautiful lens going by :bang:

I definitely have to try out "Dicke Berta" on the weekend (Hasselblad 203Fe + Zeiss 50/2.8 FE), mixing in some rolls of 110/2 FE shots - really want to see, how those two look on film.

On the other hand, there is my old love, revisited (28 Cron) and some old lenses, I want to shoot …

Let's see … maybe shooting medium format in the morning and the light stuff in the evening - I definitely will not haul around the 1.3kg heavy Zeiss 50/2.8 the whole day?

Actually it wasn't a repair job. The picture highlighted the abberation. The lens was bought in Tokyo from a very reputable dealer.
Looks funny though:D

Interesting - never seen such difference before on Leica aperture blades.
No questions on your source though.

M6TTL BP with a dog (Hektor 2,8cm/6.3)

rff.jpg

Leica II (formerly a I from '31) with 1950 Summitar

rff2.jpg

p771554122-4.jpg

M6TTL with beautiful 1965 50mm Elmar

Such an Elmar is on my wish list for a very long time already! Love the aperture blades and beauty of workmanship! Nice photo!

M6TTL BP with a dog (Hektor 2,8cm/6.3)

rff.jpg

Leica II (formerly a I from '31) with 1950 Summitar

rff2.jpg

Surely the most sexy combination on this page so far - II + Summitar :eek:

nice! you have any photos from this combo on net?

Not many accessible - just a few on flickr

a few more on my blog: http://www.teknopunk.com/en/Blog/Entries/2012/3/31_drive_by_shots_with_Leitz_5cm_ƒ3.5_Elmar.html

and here one with the 3.5cm Elmar:

http://www.teknopunk.com/en/Blog/Entries/2012/4/1_scenic_view_with_1938_Leitz_3.5cm_ƒ3.5_Elmar.html

Beautiful Summar - man, this thread feels like window shopping ;-)

6993126150_e4aa700020.jpg

Not sure if this qualifies for the thread, as it's not a "real" Leica. :confused:

Absolutely qualifies!

Back