Let's see your Leica M

Leica M4 by bimmer1502, on Flickr

This 1967 M4 is not actually mine; I have it on loan. It's more or less clapped out. Shutter's had a bodged repair done, the vulcanite (what's left of it) is a mess, the chrome is worn through, there's a fairly large dent in the top cover that's been carelessly straightened and only recently the self timer lever clutch packed up so I've added more battle damage repair with a red dot off a Leica Mini-Zoom. And still it delivers the goods.

Cycle by bimmer1502, on Flickr

So as long as it holds up, and as long as I don't get called to return it, I'm going to enjoy this old beater to bits. Probably literally :D

Derk
That really looks like a Fuji X100 at first.

<snip>

This 1967 M4 is not actually mine; I have it on loan. It's more or less clapped out. Shutter's had a bodged repair done, the vulcanite (what's left of it) is a mess, the chrome is worn through, there's a fairly large dent in the top cover that's been carelessly straightened and only recently the self timer lever clutch packed up so I've added more battle damage repair with a red dot off a Leica Mini-Zoom. And still it delivers the goods.

So as long as it holds up, and as long as I don't get called to return it, I'm going to enjoy this old beater to bits. Probably literally :D

Derk

:eek::eek:Hope not! Yikes! :D:p

Gave her some treats... half case, strap and look at the beautiful black dot :cool:

Attachments

• DSCF1002.RAF Kopie.jpg
    DSCF1002.RAF Kopie.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 0
Oh, what a surprise! Haven't been here for a while and at the first look since a long time, I see my M3 quoted! :)

Yes, I love it, too!

One day, I will cover another M3 with brown lizard skin. It looks very elegant at least at my mothers Rollei 35.

OdEgs.jpg

Shot through a C330

I just bought my first Leica, an M2, in late September this year. I love it, currently using a CV 35/1.4 and Jupiter 8 50/2 with it, although I borrowed a friend's summilux for a day back in October. Doing nearly all of my Senior thesis work for my BFA with the M2, and I couldn't love it more.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-11-18 at 5.24.38 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2012-11-18 at 5.24.38 PM.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 0
leica mp

leica mp

one camera, one lens, one year, a variety of films in the fridge at my disposal and no more buying of camera gear. (basically have the G.A.S., Gear Acquisition Syndrome)

Attachments

• Photo 66.jpg
    Photo 66.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 1
I recently had the good fortune of acquiring a very, very mint 40mm Summicron-C which has been permanently modified to bring up the 35mm framelines and is 6-bit coded as a 'bokeh-king' cron. I absolutely love how this lens renders images on my M8 especially in black & white!

XTN17508 by christianyves, on Flickr

Looks :cool:

Did you use an adapter to mount the filter ?

I recently had the good fortune of acquiring a very, very mint 40mm Summicron-C which has been permanently modified to bring up the 35mm framelines and is 6-bit coded as a 'bokeh-king' cron. I absolutely love how this lens renders images on my M8 especially in black & white!
XTN17508 by christianyves, on Flickr

Yeah - the lens came with a series 5.5 to 39mm adapter. It's the one from Heavystar on evilBay. I have the 39mm screw-in hood too but I prefer to use the lens without it as it's considerably more compact.

Back