List of Sonnar Lenses

I've shot a sizable number of rolls with this lens on a Tenax II (24x24), and I've always been impressed with the photos.

old-flowers-aug2004.jpg

winston-aug2004.jpg

sled2_t2.jpg

How do you get your film processed?
I have a Tenax II with a Sonnar 40/2 too.
I wonder if it is easy to have it modified to LTM.

121172-R1-02-2.jpg

121172-R1-04-4.jpg

Last edited:
There also is a line of Sonnar lenses available for the Rolleiflex SL 35 series. Some of the Voigtlander lenses are Sonnar variants -- the Skoparex, I believe, is among these. I'm referring to the German Voigtlander (not Cosina Voigtlander).

I'm not sure what the Ultron, Nokton or Septon were (again, German Voigtlander, not Cosina Voigtlander).

Wasn't the 80/2.8 for the SL a Sonnar? I have the 80/1.4 Planar.

Well, I just picked up a Walz Envoy 35 with 4.8cm F1.9 Lens. I don't know which other Japanese Fixed Lens RF's have Sonnars on them. This one even has the 7-element in 3-group formula engraved on the top plate.

Waiting for it in the Mail! Maybe in time for Thanksgiving.

You shouldn't limit this to to LTM/M lenses, as Carl Zeiss (West Germany) continued to produce a number of Sonnars for the Contax and Contarex. As well, Carl Zeiss also made Sonnars for the Rolleiflex line of SLRs, as well as the Tele-Rolleiflex TLR and a series of 6x6 Rolleiflex cameras, starting with the SL66.

The world of photography doesn't begin and end with Leica.

Sonnar lens, and the formula of the lens engraved in the Top Plate.

picture.php

You can't do that with cameras that don't have fixed lenses...

Last edited:
It exists on the other side of the RF/SLR divide: the 180mm f2.8 Nikkor is a modified Sonnar design.

yours
FPJ

The Walz 4.8cm F1.9, Wide-Open.
picture.php

At F4:
picture.php

Wide-Open and close-up:
picture.php

Wide-Open, RF test and Bokeh shot.
picture.php

Tight Crop wide-open.

picture.php