Looking for a compact digital

I would choose the A6000, but then again, I'm biased. I own a Nex F3 and several A-mount cameras and lenses. Fuji doesn't appeal to me, held one once and I felt it was bulky and I would prefer the smaller formfactor of the Sony - that even includes a decent grip.

TBH you can't go wrong with any of these, but the bigger the sensor the better the relative low light performance, that leaves you the Fuji and the Sony. Now go out to a shop that has both and hold them and find the one that fits YOU the best.

The Sony RX100 was recommended numerous times in this thread.

I'm interested in your reasons for rejecting a true shirt pocket camera.

The Sony RX100 was recommended numerous times in this thread.

I'm interested in your reasons for rejecting a true shirt pocket camera.

I guess that that Alpha seems to fit the bill in that area - small and relatively good in low light. It looks easier to hold, and has a viewfinder that I don't have to bother with popping it up (and the possibility of breaking).

I would choose the A6000, but then again, I'm biased. I own a Nex F3 and several A-mount cameras and lenses. Fuji doesn't appeal to me, held one once and I felt it was bulky and I would prefer the smaller formfactor of the Sony - that even includes a decent grip.

TBH you can't go wrong with any of these, but the bigger the sensor the better the relative low light performance, that leaves you the Fuji and the Sony. Now go out to a shop that has both and hold them and find the one that fits YOU the best.

Yes, finding a shop that has all three of them is the problem - with Helix and Calumet now gone, pickings are very slim.

Back