M10M 41-42 MP sensor rumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emile de Leon
I used to own a 1960 Volvo P1800...
Didnt go very fast..but it was fun to drive..and what a looker..

Huss,
Yeah...but try picking up girls with your pepper grinder..lol...
1963_Volvo_P1800_Rene_Staud.jpg

Girls love to crank on my Pepper Grinder

Ha ha yeah I knew it wouldn't take long for the Leica haters to jump in. No matter how you slice it a Nikon D 750 (great camera BTW) will never be a rangefinder. The M 10 is a great camera no matter how you slice and dice it. Don't like it, don't buy it, period. There are a multitude of the others that aren't rangefinders out there. Pick one.

I am really curious to see what the M 10 M will be. Cal, I have had similar responses from seeing my work from the original 18mp MM.

Hey hey hey! I love my M240. Because it is a simple RF kamera that takes great lenses. What would make it perfect is current sensor tech. Why is that asking so much when other waaaaaay cheaper cameras have them?

I do agree the sensor in the M 240 (I have an M 262) is getting long in the tooth. It is about 7 or so years old now but the M 10 is a much improved sensor over the 240.

Quote:

Huss,

Emile,

That's a nice P1800. Although only a sedate 100 horsepower I enjoyed the balanced handling and the oversteer.

My Volvo 122S was very predictable as far as the handling went. Basically I could drift the rear and effectively use the throttle to steer with the rear. The tires made this particular sound. In a year I wore out a set of tires though.

Understand that when I was 15 I rode a motorcycle to call on my friends who rode Schwinn Varsity 10 speed bicycles.

Even though it was the 70's I was like Fonzie from "Happy Days."

A lot safer pushing the envelope with photography than motorsports. Still a study of physics.

Cal

Quote:

Huss,

Damn, I wish they made lines like that in cars today

The Volvo P1800 was luv at 1st sight for me..
Had to have one..
Loved the muffler kickback roar..
And the styling..
And esp..the 5th gear electronic overdrive..
Never owned another sports car again..
Kind of like owning a boat as they say..
The best 2 days are buying it..and selling it..
But man..that was one hell of a summer fun car..
I remember going to the beach in the P1800..what a great feeling..
Not so great a feeling..rebuilding parts of the engine in the hot summer sun when things went wrong..
But once you know what you are doing with the twin carbs etc..it was pretty reliable..
Here's mine..
7bMUZ0x.jpg

Took this when I 1st got into photography with my 1st Nikon w/50 f2..Kodak developed it and the tones were excellent on Tri-X & D76..good tones are not visible here in reproduction..
This is from 1979..
Miss that car..
Almost got another one..the P1800S station wagon version with a lot of room..it was abandoned on a back dirt road in the forest on private property..gold tone..perfect for doing gigs with drums..
Last I heard it got towed and junked..broke my heart..
volvop1800es1.jpg

Back