M8 Photos

@Sonnar Brian
Truly a well known look of dreamy watercolour aspect from the vintage lens and the CCD sensor combo. I really cherish this camera and although it is the first and the Prototype to M digital, this is the best ever camera in Leica digital. I love it and it will dye one day and it is the consumeristic mind set in Leica, and we have to accept that fact.

@Sonnar Brian
Truly a well known look of dreamy watercolour aspect from the vintage lens and the CCD sensor combo. I really cherish this camera and although it is the first and the Prototype to M digital, this is the best ever camera in Leica digital. I love it and it will dye one day and it is the consumeristic mind set in Leica, and we have to accept that fact.
I agree with you on the art of the M8's, all models. I sure do like mine, my first Leica. It does not let me down.

As for the company, I believe Kaufmann rescued the company from economic oblivion and has made it run like a business. This is not binary, there are various degrees of "business" some manage to make a profit, sometimes meager, and still serve their public. Leica seems to have slid more to the "profit" end of the band. Oh, well. And just how improved is the M series? They are iconic and have a fanatic following which equals cash cow. I spent the M11 + lens money on an X2D + XCD 55V which I believe to be the better camera + lens combo. I believe that. Fanboys, please don't start with the brickbats. You guys can believe what you want. I buy what I like, you buy what you like. It is still a free world. ;o) So, fanboys aside, the M8's are remarkable little cameras.

And I have a new lens to try on it. ;o)

I have posted this before. I think it is a grand example of what the M8 series can do in JPG B&W.

L5010390.JPG

And in color it is pretty good. This is Don. He was dying of cancer and another soul and I would go over for lunch with him on Wednesdays. The tab would rotate amongst us. It was usually a good white clam chowder and a salad with bay shrimp or fish and chips with Cole slaw. Don soldiered on for a couple of years. I photographed him all the way and gave all of the pics to his daughter.

Lunch with Don.jpg

Back