M8 with Takumar 50/1.4

Thank you to the members replying to my enquiry. I expect the positioning of the brass collar to be the most exacting part of the process. I've been thinking about the possibilities and it came to mind that by adopting the 7Artisans 'wedge' it would allow a fine tuning.

But what about the PK to M bayonet conversion. It can't simply be a PK to M adapter because the cam of the lens needs to act on the RF mechanism in the camera. Or am I missing something? (Wouldn't be the first time �� )

Anyone mind taking a quick snap showing the back of the lens? A picture being worth a rhousand words...

On the effect of crop sensor image magnification on DOF

On the effect of crop sensor image magnification on DOF

Using a crop sensor such as M4/3 or M8 does diminish DOF. DOF is not the zone of sharpness; it's the zone of acceptable unsharpness. Magnifying the image magnifies the unsharpness along with the rest of the image. So areas that would seem sharp enough to appear in focus on full frame, may not look so sharp when magnified.

It can indeed be an adapter, not a permanent lens modification. All you need is to create an intermediate lens cam follower to act like a plunger on the camera cam follower. This is how the 10.5cm f/2.5 Nikkor LTM lens gives focus information to the rangefinder it is installed on.
Phil Forrest

L1002477s-XL.jpg

L1002478s-L.jpg

L1002479s-L.jpg

My smugmug website has been topped by views for the Pentax-M lens got for past 7 days. People have such a lens. It is affordable. It is also an excellent lens.

Pentax-M 50mm 1.4 with Leica M8......................... 11407
M8_Pentax-M.50_1.4_2019................................... 3108
Pentax-M.50mm_1.4.Leica_M9 ..............................506

I used my M8 with the Pentax lens this morning. A storm was supposedly about to come through today, but not much happened beyond rain and some wind.

L1002586-X3.jpg

L1002588-X3.jpg

L1002590-X3.jpg

The lens is an SLR lens, but it is s mall sized lens. Using it is very easy. Some RF lenses are difficult to use due to small sizes or hard to change aperture settings.

L1002595-X3.jpg

L1002609-X3.jpg

L1002610-X3.jpg

L1002608-X3.jpg

Back