Mamiya 6 Photos...

Acadia National Park, June 2012

Konica IR film, Mamiya 6, 50/4 lens

7602710964_34a9e8375d_b.jpg

Fuji Neopan 100, Mamiya 50mm f/22 @ 2 seconds, Columbia Gorge, Oregon

I used a Sekonic L-208, as a meter I am not sure how accurate it is, so I think I just guessed it.
I don't use the 50mm enough, I don't know why, maybe I should, I think I prefer the 75mm more,
both are excellent, just my own idiosyncratic preference.

Play Me, I'm Yours - The Piano of Death

Mamiya 6, 50mm F/4, Hoya HMC O(G), TMAX 100, hand held, NCPS
32490007XL.jpg

©2012 Chris Grossman

Old Coast Guard House Inn, Arena Cove, City of Point Arena, Mendocino County, Califor

Old Coast Guard House Inn, Arena Cove, City of Point Arena, Mendocino County, Califor

Old Coast Guard House Inn, Arena Cove, City of Point Arena, Mendocino County, California
Mamiya 6, 50mm, Hoya UV, Fujicolor Pro 160S, PCV
95610010xl.jpg

95610014xl.jpg

95610017xl.jpg

95610018xl.jpg

95610016xl.jpg

95610015xl.jpg

95610013xl.jpg

95610011xl.jpg

©2012 Chris Grossman

Very nice image taken in the Gorge! You captured the water movement beautifully. I have a similar image taken in Opal Creek but yours is much better.

Ellen

Thanks :) . Looking through these, I know that the lucidity and the lenses are very sharp on the Mamiya 6. I am going to guess that some are scanned on an EpsonV700/750 flatbed. Not to start a scanning debate here, but it's not a great scanner. The potential of the images that come from the Mamiya 6 are softened and muted by the Epson flatbed scanner.

I am fortunate that I have access to a small photo finisher (Citizen Photo) in Portland, Oregon that uses a Nortisu scanner, with profiles calibrated for Fuji Pro 160 and Kodak Portra. It delivers a sharp .tiff file that made me realize that using my Epson V700 was an exercise in futility. I have high hopes for the new Plustek 120 scanner though.

Without going to far with this, what I really want to express, is this is an exceptional camera. The lenses have a sharpness and look that rivals almost all of the lenses within the 20+ camera systems I have bought, tried and then released back onto the auction site over the past 5 years.
I am not a camera hoarder, I have been on a quest for the best image producing system that I could use with natural light, I've had a chance to use most everything from Leica at 35mm to Zeiss on a 503CW and Rolleiflex 6008, in short I feel like I have owned a film and digital camera from every manufacturer over the past 5 years, none have satisfied me as much as the Mamiya 6. I move camera systems around, but I will always keep my Mamiya 6 kit, in fact I bought a pristine back up Mamiya 6 and a parts camera, I am dedicated to this camera, it will goto the grave with me.

Too bad some of the images on this thread are somewhat muted by digital scanning limitations. Looking through these images, I know each one would look magnificent if it were to be wet printed and mounted.

I am not aiming to be Captain Obvious here, but the Mamiya 6 is such a performer, it's a shame to see the images it can produce held back by it's digital acquisition process.

Arena Cove, Mendocino County, California

Mamiya 6, 50mm, Hoya HMC UV, Fujicolor Pro 160S, PCV dev & scan
95610004xl.jpg

©2012 Chris Grossman

Back