New York March NYC Meet-Up

That is wonderful John! Enjoy this time together, before long you will be tripping over toy cars etc. testing your patience.
As US citizen born abroad, I would encourage you to register him at the consulate, and get his "Consular Report of Birth Abroad", if you haven't already.

That is wonderful John! Enjoy this time together, before long you will be tripping over toy cars etc. testing your patience.
As US citizen born abroad, I would encourage you to register him at the consulate, and get his "Consular Report of Birth Abroad", if you haven't already.

Thanks Christian (Phil and Dan) ...I plan on it when things relax here...they've just added a week to the mandatory quarantine.

Hello from Barcelona! the GF and I made it back here where we're living from three weeks in NZ. Took about 40 hours and now we've got another week inside.

Maybe we should do a virtual meetup? Zoom or skype?

Stay safe and stay inside!

Still on paid leave. Somehow I avoided being redeployed. Pretty much they are planning and thinking of an all hands on deck approach to handle this emergency at my hospital.

At home I'm reminded of when I built prototype electronics at Grumman and at two National Labs. The 80 watt bass amplifier I'm building out now has a Grumman plaque and strongly resembles a military weapon because it sports many Mil-Spec components and parts that I "recycled" from back in the day.

"Maggie" calls the amp "The Grumman." LOL. It kinda looks savage and kinda crazy. It pretty much projects my style... Brutal I say. LOL.

It takes mucho time to fit and layout all the components. The amp is pretty far along, and now needs my teflon insulated wire that I have locked up in Public Storage. The chassis is steel with a wire cage to protect the tubes. The Power supply tranny is a surplus Matchless xformer that weight 12 1/2 pounds, and the output tranny is a clone for a Fender Blonde Twin that I bartered for from my friend Pat.

So as if I were still working at Grumman, this bass amp is something I would have made at work as a "G-Job."

Everyone be safe.

Cal

All the best John..
I'm battling here, but a lot better. Fever is down.

Hopefully you are even better than you were when you posted this. Hang in there!

I like Damaso's suggestion earlier in the thread to have a zoom meetup, which looks like the only practical way to meet these days. The advantage is that we can go global. The other advantage of course is that for once I can bring all my cameras to a meetup.

Hopefully you are even better than you were when you posted this. Hang in there!

I like Damaso's suggestion earlier in the thread to have a zoom meetup, which looks like the only practical way to meet these days. The advantage is that we can go global. The other advantage of course is that for once I can bring all my cameras to a meetup.

Thanks Christian.. Yeah, doing better.

Maybe a zoom meetup would be a lot of fun.

Regards,

Jeff

Back