Medium Format ... long may it live!

Unfortunately, I am just too lazy to carry a camera that big.

No pain, no gain. Hasselblad 500 C/M w. Carl Zeiss Planar 80mm f2.8. Shot on Ilford FP4+, developed in Kodak HC-110 sol. 'B' for 8 minutes at 20 degrees Celsius. Light source: Sigma EF 500 DG Super through a white umbrella, Cactus wireless radio controller.

Bibi - Hasselblad by Ronald_H, on Flickr

Iversen Cove, Mendocino County, California
Fuji GS645S, Velvia 50, skylight 1A, had held, PCV scan
45210015xhl.jpg

©2012 Chris Grossman

Original Image???

Original Image???

Please explain more. From my monitor I thought it looked great. And I'm being serious here as I'm trying to perfect my sharpening technique.

It might help if you posted the original image from the camera. I don't know if I make the same point as the other post, but the eyes and nostril sides are somewhat beyond belief. I put a finger over her eyes which created a fairly consistent image, and when I removed my finger from in front of her eyes... quite a jolt.

Is sharpening the last process you do in your work flow?

I don't think I would consider this un-edited in any way. And editing should result in a believable image either on the screen or printed.

Again, would really like to see the image out of camera, without editing.

I had the same problem with post processing, so I sought a camera that created images that I want from the camera. As a result I do NO RAW and very limited post processing, ..... crop, lightly on curves... NO sharpening.

Just scanned this tranny from my Bronica ETR with the 105mm macro lens.I didn't think this shallow a depth of field was possible,live and learn.
U41336I1339996875.SEQ.0.jpg
:bang:

So, I just got a "new" Fuji GW690II. It's a bit of a beater on the outside, but the glass is clean and everything seems to be mechanically fine. And the sharpness! Wow!

This pic below was on my first roll, some E100G. When I put a slide down in the scanner, it can't resolve how sharp the subject's wisps of hair actually are. It's one heck of a lens.

7436808526_1974ddfb27_z.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alflauren/7436808526

Fuji GS645S, Skylight 1B, Kodak Portra 160, hand held, PCV dev & scan

Abandoned House, The City of Point Arena, Mendocino County, California
76630003xl.jpg

Heliport, Point Arena, Mendocino County, California
76630013xl.jpg

Flowers on Point Arena with the Mouth of the Garcia River in the background
Point Arena, Mendocino County, California
76630015xl.jpg

Manchester Beach looking North from Point Arena, Mendocino County, California
76630023xl.jpg

The Mouth of the Garcia River
Point Arena, Mendocino County, California
76630024xl.jpg

©2012 Chris Grossman

SF120637.jpg

Graflex Speed Graphic 4x5 with Graphic 23 roll film adapter loaded with Ektar 100 mounted on a Graflok Back. 127mm f/4.7 Kodak Ektar lens in a Kodak Supermatic shutter.

Back