Medium Format ... long may it live!

Youre right! Nice perspectives. I think I like the 1st one better xD

In all seriousness, I like that you added the second photo because it really does show you scale and perspective. :)

Thanks for sharing!

Hasselblad 500c/m, 80mm f2.8, Fuji 400H, V700, Vuescan.
Pete

7551993220_8253de164c_z.jpg

Stuck at the SFO airport after midnight, so posting some ETRSi shots with 100/4 macro on expired 100 Tmax:

tumblr_m78rupUQr61qiqa9zo1_1280.jpg

My Trek hitched to the deer outside Kiva grocery:
tumblr_m78rw78NsI1qiqa9zo1_1280.jpg

First Roll from Mamiya 7

First Roll from Mamiya 7

Developed the first roll of Tri-X in Arista Premium Film Developer in 1:9 dilution. Mamiya 7 and 80mm lens. This image was made of my 15 year old son on the driving range. If I remember correctly, the Shutter speed was 1/125. It captures the moment just after the club has made contact, launching the golf ball:

7607193674_cfe6ab591c_c.jpg
[/url]
00140006 by KentWebb, on Flickr[/IMG]

As always, I'm open to suggestions.

Kent

Developed the first roll of Tri-X in Arista Premium Film Developer in 1:9 dilution. Mamiya 7 and 80mm lens. This image was made of my 15 year old son on the driving range. If I remember correctly, the Shutter speed was 1/125. It captures the moment just after the club has made contact, launching the golf ball: As always, I'm open to suggestions.

Kent

Nice cross-lateral weight shift and Augusta National cap!

Texsport

This made me think of one of the best cover photos from Sports Illustrated that I ever saw, which was taken with a Mamiya 7 -- a view above and behind Tiger Woods as he was teeing off at (I believe) the Masters, which he won. He was and is really persnickity about shutter noise, so the 7 was a prudent choice even though the photographer was far enough away that I doubt he'd have heard it. Hopefully your son is more tolerant!

Developed the first roll of Tri-X in Arista Premium Film Developer in 1:9 dilution. Mamiya 7 and 80mm lens. This image was made of my 15 year old son on the driving range. If I remember correctly, the Shutter speed was 1/125. It captures the moment just after the club has made contact, launching the golf ball: As always, I'm open to suggestions.

Kent

4/8/2001 An Overcast Day Turns Sunny as Tiger Woods Wins The Masters

4/8/2001 An Overcast Day Turns Sunny as Tiger Woods Wins The Masters

http://www.sportsshooter.com/news/497

(This is an excerpt from the article.)
Fred Vuich's picture became an instant classic after it was chosen to be the Sports Illustrated cover for the April 16th issue highlighting Tiger Woods winning his fourth straight major. Vuich's classic cover was beautiful and clean with only one word splashed across the top that said it all: "Masterpiece."

Vuich, a staff photographer for Golf Magazine, was covering his 12th Masters, but it was his first year as part of the SI team (Golf is now under the Time-AOL ownership umbrella). He was assigned by SI picture editor Matt Ginella to shoot the 16th green and 18th tee on the final day.

"After I shot Tiger and Mickelson on the 16th green I left all my stuff with my film runner and took my Mamiya 7 to the tower at 18. It was an overcast day but by 17 green the sun popped out around 6:45pm. The light was perfect. The TV person moved to the side of the teebox. I wanted to see Tiger's face- the only time you can see it is at the top of his backswing. I only made one frame and fortunately it worked. I shot the one frame of Tiger and then Mickelson got up to the left side and it didn't look as good...it wasn't a good picture." Vuich said.

"I thought it would make a nice opener or a Leading Off. I shot the picture horizontal on Fujichrome Astia with my Mamiya 7 (6x7 format) and a 43mm lens. I shoot all of our course scenics with this camera. It's really easy to work with and it's so quiet. It's never a problem to shoot at the top of the backswing," Vuich added.

(I agree with you. One of the best sports covers ever!):)
Kent

This made me think of one of the best cover photos from Sports Illustrated that I ever saw, which was taken with a Mamiya 7 -- a view above and behind Tiger Woods as he was teeing off at (I believe) the Masters, which he won. He was and is really persnickity about shutter noise, so the 7 was a prudent choice even though the photographer was far enough away that I doubt he'd have heard it. Hopefully your son is more tolerant!

Back