Miscellany of Beginner's Blunders

One I've not seen here but has happened to me. With roll film cameras, specifically a Koni-Omega Rapid M...failing to remove all of the tape that seals the fresh roll of film. Exposing said roill. Removing said roll and finding the remainder of that piece of tape lying between the lens and film.

DOH!

Great forum folks.

spyder2000 said:
...failing to remove all of the tape that seals the fresh roll of film. Exposing said roill. Removing said roll and finding the remainder of that piece of tape lying between the lens and film.
DOH!
Good one! Not quite at the same level, I've had a cat hair bridge the corner of the film gate, caught in the black flocking of a leaf-shutter camera. The DUH part of this was really how long it took me to figure out what was making that mark on most but not all of the negs!

dmr said:
Back when I had my first 35mm I would always try to get that 38th frame (or 22nd., not to show my real age)

Not sure if anybody else does this, but on my M2 I never count out how many exposures I've taken; instead I just shoot until I can't advance any more.
This is mainly due to the utter inaccuracy of my bulk loader (it won't click each frame, so I'm left guessing the number of turns I've had relative to the number of frames), but regardless of the cause I haven't had any problems with ripped or damaged film in the camera since I started to bulk load.

Back