Monochrom: First pics from Melbourne

I guess we should keep this to the Fashion Night Out thread and not completely highjack this one, don't you think :rolleyes: ?

I could of used a Monochrome last night for Fashion Night out. Instead I shot a Pentax 67II with a flash. It would of been a very different night shooting with a small camera without flash.

Cal

Yeah the Monochrom can do literally anything at ISO 10,000 and a fast lens

One of the things I'm wondering is what will the progression of this camera be as a model in their lineup? Will it just stay like it is currentlly for several years or will they keep developing the concept and work on better dynamic range etc?

I think an M10 version may be on the cards in around 12 months time. Who knows, if the M10 is amazing the B+W output may be even better, but the MP output would have to be at least 24MP to match it.

Kristian, just want to say thanks for posting this thread. I've always loved your work and what you are doing with the MM is exceptional. Inspiring stuff!

Kristian, just want to say thanks for posting this thread. I've always loved your work and what you are doing with the MM is exceptional. Inspiring stuff!

Thanks mate, appreciate your feedback. There's something coming this week, so more to come.

KEVIN-XU 愛 forever;1963168 said:
Stunning pictures! Please post more. Seems I will waiting for a second hand Monochrom at reasonable price. : )

Grab a seat and some snacks. It's going to be a while...

Congratulations, Kristian! Glad to hear your inspiring work with the M Monochrom is getting the attention it deserves!

Cheers guys. I've never been this excited to use a camera since having my Leica M6/MP. Having the ability to shoot at any ISO without worrying about file quality allows me to concentrate on the important stuff, so credit needs to go to this camera

Kristian,

I think this pushes me over the edge. I want a M9M badly.

It seems the M9M likes the modern ASPH glass a lot. This is good for me as I have a 28 Cron and a 50 Lux ASPH.

I wonder how the M9M does with retro single coated glass? I would expect less contrast, but vast mids. Old glass could be very creamy.

Hmmm...

Cal
It pushes older lenses to new heights as well :):)

Back