More Zeiss 50 Planar ZM Color photos

impressive lens. even more impressive are the photographs. you did a really good job of showing the flavor of your surroundings. keep it up.

I will get to posting some more shots and some info about my work flow later on tonight, got classes soon and need to go get some lunch and pick up some prints and all that....check back later for more!

Aye, the planar looks to be a gorgeous lens! Must... stop... myself.... GAS

Man its really making me want to just buy the 50 planar when i purchase a ZI RF. Only downside is that I wouldnt have any wider lenses then. :(

Wonderful shots.

I've been hankering after this very lens for a while.
I now have almost unbearable GAS.

Somebody tell me my CV 50mm is just as good - Please!

this is WAY more about your talent than a lens. any lens in your hand would have given similar results. these are truly amazing...great job!!

Avotius said:
I think my camera overexposes about half a stop but maybe it could be my scanning....highlights tend to get blown out sometimes.

I don't see overexposure and I don't think the problem comes from your camera lightmeter. IMHO, it comes from the lens, more accurately its high contrast. You exposed correctly, but it burnt the highlights on several pictures. That's something I've noticed on my BW pictures (and I use a hand lightmeter).

Very nice series, but my favorite is the one below, because of the excellent composition.

Avotius said:
1672994450_be321f1514_o.jpg

Bobfrance said:
Somebody tell me my CV 50mm is just as good - Please!

Your CV 50 is just as good :rolleyes:

Avotius said:
I will get to posting some more shots and some info about my work flow later on tonight, got classes soon and need to go get some lunch and pick up some prints and all that....check back later for more!

Excellent shots, Colin! Waiting for more, either here or on your Flickr photostream.

i think that when someone posts images this good, on cheap consumer film, no less, I hope we can all realize that it's much less about the equipment and more about the expression. Wonderful work!

Colin, so that's your name, Avotius!
And another thing, so you're a 'lao wai' :)
For some reason I always thought that you're Chinese or Asian.

... as much as the lens rock, you rock more! Awesome pictures!

these are not planar photos - these are colins photos. probably one of best photographers not only on rff but in whole world. and im not joking. many famous photographers dont have photos on this level imho. i still remember his cv 35/2.5 series. every photo he create is great. congratulations!!!

You guys are dangerous! This is all going to go straight to my head. :rolleyes:

shadowfox said:
Colin, so that's your name, Avotius!
And another thing, so you're a 'lao wai' :)
For some reason I always thought that you're Chinese or Asian.

... as much as the lens rock, you rock more! Awesome pictures!

Yup, im Colin. Yes I am laowai, kind of. Im half Chinese half American born and raised in America, been here for the last 4 years. I inherited the black hair from my mother and the heavy brow from the old man.

And thanks, guess I need to put up the rest of the shots from those three rolls of film I shot.

nzeeman said:
these are not planar photos - these are colins photos. probably one of best photographers not only on rff but in whole world. and im not joking. many famous photographers dont have photos on this level imho. i still remember his cv 35/2.5 series. every photo he create is great. congratulations!!!

Well thank you too. Many people tell me that the time has come for me to be out there taking photos on assignment. My photography teacher, who is a photo editor for national geographic traveler and another person I know who has been with national geographic as a photographer for the last 25 years both said the same thing: "shoot more and go do it". The photographer (Michael Yama****a) even cracked wise about my camera looking so "clean" (see attached photos of my so called "mint" 20D) so I guess that means black is a bad color on cameras in his eyes.

Anyho, thanks for the very kind comment, im glad you and someone remembered some photos I shot, guess it means im doing something right, just not enough of it ;)

Attachments

• smallP1050717.jpg
    smallP1050717.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 0
  • smallP1050720.jpg
    smallP1050720.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Avotius said:
very very little, scans were about on, the typical levels +5 here -5 there, its scanned film, of course there is a little tweaking, but you would be surprised how little there was.

What scanner did you use for these fantastic photos?

Back