Most used primes in mft ?

I understand that you asked about primes, which is why I mentioned the macro. But partly my point is that the Zuiko zooms are excellent, even the inexpensive ones.
I agree with you , I have the 14-42 II wich I used exclusively as mft lens since 2010 on Oly E-PL1 . I think it will survive in my bag because :
1-quality - good enough to be used along with the primes to complement them in the field of flexibility when needed
2-14mm /3,5 is a focal that I use frequently , and there is no fast prime in this focal to attract me (I know , the Pany 14/2,5 one stop faster ,but my pocket says no for now . Maybe if it was a f2 I could be tempted)
3-small and light

My most used is the Oly 17/1.8; before I got that lens last year, it would have been the little Oly 17/2.8. 17mm and my Olympus Pen F is turning into a nice combination for me.

After 17mm, I use the Oly 45/1.8 and the Lumix 20/1.7 I. The latter is still a superb optic, although the AF is not up to the more recent Olympus MFT primes.

I've got the Oly 25/1.8 and the Lumix 14/2.5, but I don't use them nearly as much as the other focal lengths.

For a digital kit for travel, the Pen F with the 17/1.8 and the 45/1.8 is just about perfect.
Aren't the 17and the 20 too close ? I am hesitating about the 17 thinking it's a bit close to the 25 and not wide enough.How do you feel about it?

The Panasonic 25mm/1,7
tumblr_pbv800wbDq1tum3hno4_500.jpg

(Click on picture for a bigger apple)

I agree with you , I have the 14-42 II wich I used exclusively as mft lens since 2010 on Oly E-PL1 .

As my do everything lens I use the Panasonic 12-32 zoom. I picked it purely upon recommendation by Ming Thein (he is an excellent technical analyst), as he rated it higher than the Oly 14-42.

I have to say I am most impressed by it, and having the 35mm equivalent of a 24-64 lens is super useful.

These things are tiny so in a small bag - really small! - I have it with the 25 and 45 1.8. The beauty of the m43 system, and why I'm not interested in faster/larger primes. I do not want to lose the size advantage. If I'm going to go big, I'm stepping up to one of my FF sensor cameras.

Most of the time the superb Panasonic 15/1.7 is on the camera a GX-80
The panasonic 30/2.8 next frequently used.

Back with the Olympus EP-1 the 20/1.7 was a major step up from the olympus 17/2.8.

I should use the 20/1.7 and 25/1.4 more, but the focus of the newer lenses is much nicer.

Which are your most used (preferred) native mft primes ?
I just started the primes collection very traditionally , with a 50 equivalent "normal " (Oly 25/1,8) wich came today ...

These are the four lenses I used for better than 95% of all my Micro-FourThirds photos:

• Lumix G 14mm f/2.8
  • Summilux-DG 25mm f/1.4 ASPH
  • Macro-Elmarit-DG 45mm f/2.8 ASPH OIS
  • M.Zuiko 85mm f/1.8 ED

Of the four, the 25/1.4 and 45/2.8 were used the most, with both Panasonic and Olympus bodies.

G

Most used: Olympus 45mm F1.8 and PL25 F1.4
I use them as a pair when shooting events.

I also have the Sigma 60mm F2.8, which I love, but I tend to only bring it out for portraits.

I have the PL15mm F1.7, but I have a hard time with the focal length. I've always had a hard time with 28mm lenses (despite being fine with either 24mm or 35mm) and this falls into that trap. Gorgeous rendering, I just don't know how to compose will with that field of view.

I find I use the 15mm f/8 lens a lot. It's the only wide for mft that actually covers the format and allows close focus, or focus-free use as desired. I know this is usually seen as more of a toy lens, but I've taken some great shots with it.

I find I use the 15mm f/8 lens a lot. It's the only wide for mft that actually covers the format and allows close focus, or focus-free use as desired. I know this is usually seen as more of a toy lens, but I've taken some great shots with it.

The Olympus 15mm and FE9mm body cap lenses are remarkably good quality for their price and size. I've enjoyed using both of them on the E-PL1 and E-PL7 bodies, which makes both these bodies eminently pocketable. :)

Petronius takes the most interesting photographs. It is good to read this thread and see alll the people into m43 \.

I have the Pen-F plus the Olympus 17, 25 and 45 /1.8 lenses and the 40-150 R 3.5-5.6 zoom, plus the tiny Panasonic 14/2.5 pancake lens. Had the Sigma 60/2.8 and it was good but I sold it (in favour of the 45); had the Panasonic 20/1.7 and it was excellent but the noisy and slow AF drove me crazy; I sold it.

The 45mm is my best lens and I am determined to use it more - even as a walk around lens. The 17/1.8 is not soft, but I don't see it as necessarily better than the 14/2.5 from Panasonic either. Both are acceptable. The 25/1.8 is a bit better than both of these, but it a narrower F of V of course. I try to use it when I can, but it is not as good for taking shots of cityscapes as the wide angle lenses.

The problem with m43 is that the best lenses are virtually incompatible with my camera. I saw shots taken by the new 17/1.2 PRO lens and they are fantastic, but the lens is too big for my Pen-F.

the Voigtlander f/.95 set - 10.5mm, 17.5mm, 25mm, 42.5mm

are all very popular, especially for video

Stephen

Occasionally the Summicron M50 (IV) and the R 21-35, as well as the Voigtländer 25 & 90, but the stabilization means that hand-held longer lenses are also possible.

I agree that the button-focus-enlargement is a bother -especially when the focus point keeps moving. An enlarged zone fixed in the middle would be the ideal.

p.

I am the owner of a trio of lenses and a new camera ,and I am impressed by the results .
Leica 15/1,7 ; Olympus 25/1,8 ; Olympus 45/1,8

I use them on Omd 10mkII .

All the gear came in two weeks
I am glad I did this .
Great results even in low light . I am goig to sell the sony and canon gear .

Back