my Black Leica M2

My standard Leica has wonderful black paint.
As for the black M2,here, who authenticated it)

My standard Leica has wonderful black paint.
As for the black M2,here, who authenticated it)
Nobody as far as i know. Personally, except for several black paint M4s (back when they were new and $700)..... i would never buy one that looks like new. The black paint M2 i bought from Maison de Leica had been used and looked like it. Anyone who's used bp cameras can pretty easily notice the difference between real wear and artificial 'relicing.'

Last edited:
Don't know nothing about fancy expensive rare Leicas.

Do know I really like my black Leica M 240 and am really glad I have it ;) Good enough for me.

My M8 is black and so is my Standard Leica, but all other Leica cameras (M3 and M6 and M10) are in chrome. I don't worry about the color.
So when the owner of the "claimed" Black M2 said "sold", it may have been sold for $400 or more?

My M8 is black and so is my Standard Leica, but all other Leica cameras (M3 and M6 and M10) are in chrome. I don't worry about the color.
So when the owner of the "claimed" Black M2 said "sold", it may have been sold for $400 or more?
Going price for black M2s is at least €30,000. Prices are that high, demand, and ongoing emergence of fakes are why there is so much suspicion about this and similar ‘finds’.

?? Raid, Black repaints are going for $2500-3000 USD on Ebay. As FS suggested a real M2 black paint is in the $30,000 + USD. Even black paint M4s have skyrocketed.... Leica Store has a number listed between 10,000-17000 €.

Raid, a nicely done repaint job must be over $1000 these days. If you consider the camera gets taken apart, all the chrome is removed, dents fixed.....before the painting over brass.
I should have said $4000. I was thinking that the information on that M2 seemed to be fake and the camera then has a low value.

Last edited:
Back