My neighborhood....lets see yours

Gothenburg, Sweden

Gothenburg, Sweden

A couple shots from my kitchenwindow showing downtown Gothenburg beyond the trees, in winter and during a rainspell ... it was nice to be indoors at that moment!
- shot w Lumix LX-3

Attachments

• winterview.jpg
    winterview.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 0
  • rain.jpg
    rain.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 0
  • rainbow.jpg
    rainbow.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 0
My neighborhood, a few years back............
myneighbourhood.jpg

Well, I guess it depends on how far you extend the concept of "neigbourhood". This one is from my front balcony, with a nasty DSLR:

Moving up the road, there's the train station for my suburb (Cheltenham). There's nothing much in Cheltenham aside from the train station, and a bowling and tennis club that's off to the right of this frame:

(Also taken with an SLR, but a film one this time, an AE-1 Program.)

Oh, there's also a well-known girls school, but I won't be hanging around there with a camera :eek: .

I have been taking a few shots of the adjacent suburbs, lately, though so I'll include those in my definition of "neighbourhood"...

This one is my local book shop and coffee shop in Epping:

(More shots of Epping with my M3 and Elmar-M here.)

While in the other direction, here's the old post office, now converted to other uses, at Beecroft:

(More photos around Beecroft taken with my M3 and Elmar-M here.

...Mike

Just moved to Kerem Ha-Taymanim - "The Yemenite Vineyard", a tiny neighborhood wedged between Carmel Market, the White City and the Mediterranean Sea.

From my balcony:

3538098217_b9a4e58037.jpg

On Lag Ba'Omer:

3523529656_6013848cef.jpg

Last edited:
I guess I won't be the only one posting Hassie shots on RFF so here you go, outside my window, Amsterdam:

3341731603_3a5451fabb.jpg

Montelbaanstoren and some houseboats:

3191481597_f5186789ec.jpg

Docs, with a windmill that serves as an excellent local brewery (frequent customer myself) in the background:

3414833959_bd15352166.jpg

Here is another one from my neighborhood.....sadly, elephants are a common sight on the streets in my neighborhood.....This is at a sidewalk restaurant near my house.....
attachment.php

cheers, michael

my neighborhood bangkok rff.jpg

991993216_643a4f1338_o.jpg

A street near where I live. The mountain that looks so close in the background is Cheyenne Mountain. It looks like it's very close, but it is actually 8 miles to the south! This was also a very hazy day, the 950nm IR cut filter sees right through atmospheric haze. Taken with the Olympus C-2100UZ at 380mm (35mm equiv).

Brighton seafront, England - half a mile down the road. View from the Fortune of War pub window (took three pints of beer to get the shot I wanted!)...

03++B3+05-08-16_16-55-44h+sq.jpg

I usually take these boats into downtown...quick and easy....they are sort of like the vaporettos' in Venice, Italy.....I live about 5 minutes walking distance away from this spot...
attachment.php

this gas station is about 2 minutes from my house
attachment.php

cheers, michael

elephant mahadthai.jpg klong boat.jpg

Back