New Classic Collection Nickel 50/3.5 and 50/2 Heliars

A Hologon draws all the straight lines straight. You can place a ruler on them.

Erik.

39628838274_b17e1169a3_c.jpg

A Hologon is hard to beat for lack of distortion, but I believe that standing sideways or holding the camera at an angle may result in some appreance of distortion that a non-Hologon lens may not actually have (so bad).

Voigtlander 50mm f3.5 Heliar LTM lens, Sony A7II
Yokohama, Japan - November 2018

ISO 100, f3.5
This is a great little lens, I really should use it more often.

DSC04776.JPG

DSC04781.JPG

Mike

Yokohama, Japan - April 8th, 2018

DSC02657.JPG

Yokohama, Japan - November 2018

DSC04777.JPG

Mike

I always like your style Mike, in this excellent series I'm much impressed by these two pictures, very powerful. Well done.
robert
PS: I know it's not the lens, it's the photographer :)

Akiva, Robert,
Thank you very much for your kind remarks, they are sincerely appreciated.

Funny thing about the Voigtlander 50mm f3.5 Heliar LTM lens is that when I first acquired it as part of the Voigtlander Bessa-T 101th Heliar Anniversary set I was totally enamored with the camera and thought that the collapsable lens was something that I could do without. The lens sat on the shelf for quite awhile before the day came when I decided to give it a try. Man! Was I surprised with the results. I went from thinking about selling it to thinking about trying to find another one as a spare. Anyway, I’m glad I used it and have since completely changed my mind on thinking that fast lenses were the be-all and end-all.

By-the-way, this lens is pretty damn sharp too!

DSC04845.JPG

But, it’s the beautiful bokeh that really grabs me.

DSC04880.JPG

All the best,
Mike

great shots. it is a fantastic lens and I am glad I kept mine too. Now that I am shooting digital I'll play around with it more. Glad to see people still using it

Back