New fad with Konica AA-35/Recorder?

BW%2B2009-281.06.jpg

That is brilliant.

Oops, late to the party

Oops, late to the party

I know I'm late in a thread that ended 2012...
But I just don't find any info on this...

Did anyone ever have the Databack-DX version of it? (officially called Konica Recorder DD on the box). I'm curious if it's possible to actually use film with higher ISO than 400... If I put ISO 800 film inside, with DX coding, will the camera be able to correctly meter? The manual ISO setting still only has 100, 200, 400 on the databack version...

Having messed around with a bunch of Honeywell-style passive autofocus cameras from that era, I find that the autofocus on all of them is spotty and is often fooled at less than hyperfocal distances. They are great for taking photos of things more than 10 feet away, but have a high miss rate closer than that. These cameras either have a single AF light or have multiple LEDs for far, close, and near. The Tessar-style lenses on these often can produce great images, but if the AF is missing 50% of the time at close distances, these cameras are kind of useless.

As long as we're playing with old threads, I'll mention that I have one of these. My father bought it back in the day for my grandmother to use on a cruise to Alaska. I think the idea was that with a half-frame she would be able to take plenty of photos before she'd need to fiddle with changing film.

It works well and the AF is surprisingly good, at least for the outdoor scenes I've shot.

The battery door on mine is broken and has been for many years. It's one of those battery compartments that places quite a bit of spring pressure on a tiny plastic part. That seems like a design flaw every camera manufacturer has to make at least once.

As long as we're playing with old threads, I'll mention that I have one of these. My father bought it back in the day for my grandmother to use on a cruise to Alaska. I think the idea was that with a half-frame she would be able to take plenty of photos before she'd need to fiddle with changing film.

It works well and the AF is surprisingly good, at least for the outdoor scenes I've shot.

The battery door on mine is broken and has been for many years. It's one of those battery compartments that places quite a bit of spring pressure on a tiny plastic part. That seems like a design flaw every camera manufacturer has to make at least once.

I've seen quite a few of those with tape over the battery door... as long as it stays shut...

So do you have the regular version or the databack with DX reader?

Back