New film from Kodak!

HHPhoto

Well-known
Local time
4:03 PM
Hello,

good news from Kodak: In an interview at Inside Analog Photo Scott DiSabato, manager for professional film at Kodak, said that Kodak will introduce a new film in the next weeks.

I assume it will be either Ektar 400 or an improved version of Portra 160 NC / VC (NC-3, VC-3), because at 400 speed we have already the NC-3, VC-3 version (introduced in 2008).
I guess the "vision 3 " technology which was implemented in Ektar 100 will now be implemented in other films, too.

We will see the next weeks.

Cheers,
Jan

Yawn. Exactly what the world needs. Another color negative film.

Pickett,

It might not be what you want, or indeed many people want, but don't speak for all of us thank you very much. If it is indeed something like Ektar 400 I would be very interested in that as a film if Ektar 100 is anything to go by.

So yawn, back at you.

Vicky

Yeah...in caves.

I heard that cave properties in Spain(??) went up in price during those hot summers. Very good climate inside.

While Kodak is a little too spontaneous for me as a provider of color negative, I'm still interested.

Kodak's actions have perplexed folks for years, including investors! It seems perfectly consistent with whatever strategy they have this month that they would introduce another color negative film. With the introduction of all the new film cameras this year, it makes perfect sense.

The times they are changing..... Kodak releases a new film, and when you try to go to insideanalogphotos your browser shuts down.

Pickett,

It might not be what you want, or indeed many people want, but don't speak for all of us thank you very much. If it is indeed something like Ektar 400 I would be very interested in that as a film if Ektar 100 is anything to go by.

So yawn, back at you.

Vicky

Seconded. Just been to India for business but nevertheless shot away nearly 8 rolls. I shot my first Ektar 100 rolls there and I'm really looking forward to the results. If the reviews, and pictures I saw here, are anything to go by, they should be great. As I often need a bit more speed, a 400ISO version of Ektar would be a Very Good Thing.

Kodak's actions have perplexed folks for years, including investors! It seems perfectly consistent with whatever strategy they have this month that they would introduce another color negative film. With the introduction of all the new film cameras this year, it makes perfect sense.

The American auto industry went bankrupt last year and the auto industries in other countries are hurting too. Oil companies are selling plenty of fuel for cars!

Back