NIB Bessa-L Silver Body on Amazon $90USD

Cool!
Waiting for mine. No notifications of payment, shipping. I'm glad I used PayPal...

Mine was supposed to be delivered yesterday but nobody was available to sign for it. Should have it Monday.

Shawn

So... Interesting. PhotoVillage got approval for my credit card payment, then reversed it around midnight, and wrote me saying, "Why don't you pay with PayPal as money to friends/family."

So, I called and got Rosie on the phone; combination of fast talk, accent, I could not understand her at all. Got her to say she would "try to card again."
While this may work out reading the replies after this, this is a HUGE red flag, especially for a store. Good Luck :)

All's well that ends well...

All's well that ends well...

So... Interesting. PhotoVillage got approval for my credit card payment, then reversed it around midnight, and wrote me saying, "Why don't you pay with PayPal as money to friends/family."

So, I called and got Rosie on the phone; combination of fast talk, accent, I could not understand her at all. Got her to say she would "try to card again."

Somewhat bizarre, but the Bessa L is in hand, exactly as advertised.

Bizarre:
- Quoted material above.
- Photo Village insisted again card could not be charged. Bank contradicts.
- They asked for "Friends and family" money from PayPal. [ Red Flag? ]
- I won't do that. Instead I added $3 and paid via PayPal "for Merchandise."
- Rosie confirmed payment and shipped promptly.

My take: They are a real dealer in expensive cameras. They need to take security precautions, a little weird for an $80 item, but let's overlook that. They did perform and delivered as promised.

This is not the only dealer of expensive items who behaves in off-putting ways. If you want superb bend-over-backwards customer service, shop elsewhere. But, sometimes it's these smaller shops that have the goods.

So, I give them a clear bill of health. But, do note there are comments about repairs, here and in Yelp.

Like I said it’s a legitimate store. My take is that if you are paying by PayPal on a camera they are almost giving away... they just do not want the extra $3 taken out of their cut. Same for a credit card.

Bessa L is cool. Here we are with a 35 lens (Komura f/3.5) and accessory finder (Metro Case 3D printed box for finder from a Canon OWL):

190331-BessaL-Komura35-IMG_3007.png

I received my 2 new in box Bessa-L bodies. No issues.

If anyone would like to purchase one or both, send me a PM. Passing the same deal onto to RFF members. ($89+shipping)

Still waiting for mine

edit - just showed up! very cool little camera and a steal new for $90.

Did anyone else get the complimentary Voigtlander pen thrown in? Interesting to see that it is made in Switzerland!

I'm not saying these are old stock cameras, but the batteries that came with mine expired in September. September 2001.
(And they still work - that's Sony for you!)

New in factory packaged box from PhotoVillage on Amazon.com. Sold as-is because, quote, discontinued item.
Site says five units in stock as of today.

Hey, my 'as is because discontiued item' may have issues..

Anyone else use their's yet? First thing that happened is the shutter stuck on the first shot (dry firing) attempt. It has been cocked already (for all these years?..) and acted like it was making a time exposure. Of course it wasn't as it doesnt do that. It then freed up by itself, and seems fine now as I cannot replicate. Guess years of not being used..

But here is a potentially more serious issue. I had to load/reload the film three times because the first two times after I shot a couple of snaps I could feel the film slipping and then grabbing as I wound the lever. Like there is a film transport issue. Anyone else experience any anomalies with these 'new' cameras?
Maybe this is why they are selling them 'As is'?

Hmm, will see how this plays out. "A bargain is only a bargain if it remains a bargain.."

No problem here. Looks untouched. Shutter was un-cocked and works just fine. Little slip of paper over the pressure plate. Batteries exp 2005; I discarded them. Haven't loaded film.

No problem here. Looks untouched. Shutter was un-cocked and works just fine. Little slip of paper over the pressure plate. Batteries exp 2005; I discarded them. Haven't loaded film.

Mine did not have the paper. Batteries expired 2001.
The paper part is interesting, because normally new cameras are shipped with that.

Hmm, seems ok now. Taken 8 shots with the third loading attempt and everything is smooth and advancing nicely. I wonder if I had issues because the film in it expired in 200-something, and so it is not as flexible as it might be..

This is a neat camera, I have it paired with the CV 25 Snapshot Skopar and CV 25mm finder.

Still waiting for mine

edit - just showed up! very cool little camera and a steal new for $90.

Did anyone else get the complimentary Voigtlander pen thrown in? Interesting to see that it is made in Switzerland!

they are a bargain at 90 bux. i just have too many rangefinder cameras, so i'm parting ways.

i received a complimentary voigtlander lens cloth.

Back