Nikkor LTM Nikkor HC 50mm F2... Wow, I am impressed

Nikkor M39 screw mount lenses
I had no problem with a B&W 40.5mm filter on my Nikkor 5cm f2 lens on the Nikon S2, but it wasn't an LTM lens. Maybe the thread diameter is different on the LTM version of the lens.

Thanks for all the replies, but now I think that my problem is sligthly different. On my sample, the aperture numbers are quite at the top of the lens body. In pictures that I googled I can see that other Nikkors have a slightly "higher" lens body with a filter thread, as for example as in the picture in this posting. It's not clear to me if there is something wrong with my lens...??

At least on the 50/2 with black aperture ring there is a metal ring in front of the aperture that easily unscrews, and sometimes the lens is sold without. Not sure what the thread size of that ring is.

Roland.

Happy to have joined the ranks of Nikkor-H 5cm F2 owners (thanks to the Mod on this thread!). Have been scanning results from my first shots and hope to post something soon.

Leica IIIf, Nikkor-H 5cm F2 LTM

31048808646_fbd3b5f0dd_b.jpg

30970348991_5e1522c6fc_b.jpg

Yes, they were Sonnar variants (same optical formula as the Nikon rangefinder versions), whereas the F mount 50s were more Planar(?)-like. The 5m/2 Nikkor-H was based on the Carl Zeiss Jena 5cm/2 Sonnar & the 5cm/1.4 Nikkor-S was based on the Carl Zeiss Jena 5cm/1.5 Sonnar (recall that Nippon Kogaku based many of the features on the Nikon rangefinders on the Zeiss Ikon Contax rangefinders).

Are these ltm Nikkors different than their contemporary couterparts in F mount? (f/2, f/1.4)

Last edited:
My LTL Nikkor HC 5cm f2 just arrived. Looking forward to giving it a good workout. While searching for a UV filter I came across a chart from B+W filters. It shows all 40.5mm filters have a .5mm thread pitch. It's in their FAQ page listed as #31"How do I find the thread pitch of a filter."
Some had questions about thread pitch of the 40.5 filters. Hope this helps.

https://www.schneideroptics.com/info/faq/bw.htm#q32

Back