Nikon Action Touch Test

Picked up another one

This one seems to be in perfect shape. Loading film into it, it automatically advances to '1' as expected. My other one didn't do that.
The AF seems finicky, at least according to the distance scale in the VF. It seems to vary quite a bit depending on where I place the focus point on the subject. It also does not hit infinity if I try to focus through a window to a mountain in the distance. It may be due to the window (I'm at work and the windows do not open).
I'll find out soon enough how this roll turns out.

Hey Huss, I remember that issue with the camera not focusing to infinity thru a window with early point-n-shoot autofocus cameras. Can't remember the details, but somehow the AF sensor senses the window and won't focus past that.

Best,
-Tim

The P&S cameras that use an IR beam (like almost all do) cannot focus through glass. A few exceptions are the ones that allow the user to bypass AF by setting infinity or a specific focus distance, the Nikon Lite Touch AF600 has the infinity setting and Konica Hexar has both. A few other higher end P&S cameras have that function as well.
Phil Forrest

Developed my test roll, love this camera.

Nikon L35 AW AD aka Action Touch, Fuji C200, Z7scan, negativelabpro.com

Now I kinda have too many P&S cameras and will have to unload a few (or at least one). I'm thinking my Minolta Prod 20S is gonna go. It does not come close to matching the image quality of the others, but sure does look purty.

Glad to see yours is still working fine. Mine mis-loaded last time, and all I got was a roll of blanks. I thinks it's okay, but I'll make sure I place the film a little better next time.

PF

Back