Nikon Rangefinder Month - March 2021

keytarjunkie

no longer addicted
Local time
5:32 AM
Once again, it's almost March. There has been more activity on this forum lately, so hopefully that means more contributions!

The rules as roughly established are, share images from your Nikon RF camera taken around Feb-March 2021.

My area is currently locked down so I can't get into the darkroom, but I'm hoping in a few weeks things will improve. In the mean time, what cameras are we using this year?

Sheese, I still haven't got my roll from last year developed. Well, I have been a bit preoccupied, so hopefully this year I'll be a little more on time.

PF

Well, I impulsively sold my S2 some years ago. Then, on another impulse bought an S3 last year, and two lenses just this month. I've shot a total of four rolls so far so let's see what I can offer. :)

Been shooting with my S2 the past few months, and just picked up a 102/2.5 also.
I should have some images to share in the next few weeks.
On the flip side, my 8x10 is the other camera I've been using a lot.

Best month of the year!

I have film in my S2 already; whatever I find to finish the roll with (and as much as I can with the next roll) will be my contribution.

My SP's just back from Oleg after a cleanup, now I can see the RF patch again! I'll try to get out with the Nikkor-S 1.4 5cm if the ice melts, don't wanna risk a fall with such a nice camera.

I'll be using my Nikon M fitted with my Canon 28/3.5 CT (Contax/Nikon mount)

Very excited to see the images from this lens, Jim!

My SP's just back from Oleg after a cleanup, now I can see the RF patch again! I'll try to get out with the Nikkor-S 1.4 5cm if the ice melts, don't wanna risk a fall with such a nice camera.

Hei Kai-san, hvor bor du i Norge? It has been very cold for photography in Vestland, but this week will finally be warm again! Hopefully the same weather is coming for you.

Glad there is so much interest in participation this year. I'll be using my S3 Limited and 3.5cm f/2.5 and 5cm f/2 classic lenses on B&W film. Right now I am shooting through the last few remaining rolls of Fuji Pro 400H...

Looking forward to joining in on this! I've been enjoying shooting my S2 - I might try to use the 50mm 1.4 a bit more and decide whether I want to swap it out for a more modern 50.

Only recently did I start using other lenses in addition to the usual 50mm f1.4... but I must say that these cameras really taught me to appreciate that focal length. I've never been too much into using a 50 (more of a wide-angle guy) but with the S3 (and I recall my experience with the S2), it's the best choice.

However... my camera is right now sporting a 3.5cm f3.5 lens. :D What can I do?

Ha, ha, I'm waiting for the pre-war Contax month. No more Nikon Rangefinders in this house. They didn't survive 'the Great Camera Sell Off of 2018.' Fun to use though. Something really special about those S2's.

To put it mildly.

Why did you sell your S2? The value for the money is extreme for these cameras.

Erik.

I had gravitated more to the 35mm focal length. I also had this strong urge to pare everything down to the minimum. Ha, ha, seemed like a good idea at the time. Too bad, because I knew the provenance of two of the S2, having purchased them from the families of the original owners, but I'm sure they're being enjoyed in their new homes. The S2 is a nice change of pace from the Leica M. The same but different.

Hei Kai-san, hvor bor du i Norge? It has been very cold for photography in Vestland, but this week will finally be warm again! Hopefully the same weather is coming for you.

I live in Sandnes, just outside Stavanger. The ice has melted really fast today. I did a reconnaissance this afternoon, it's looking good. If the weather holds, I'll be out shooting in the weekend.

It has been dark and rainy here at the end of February; this photo is from a few days ago. City life has slowed down during covid. Easy to use the Nikon while holding an umbrella, since I can focus and shoot with one hand, but I wish I had some faster film.

50987686663_c6b11dcc15_b.jpg

50/1.4 Millennium with Fuji Pro 400H

I see we are getting an early start this year! Going to load an S2 today in anticipation. Although will wait for better weather than keytar's pic above (nicely done scene though) :) Since last March, I have learned home development (made especially straightforward with the lab-box and Cinestill monobath, for b&w), so likely will have more contributions this go around.

Nice shot, Keytar! I finished a film yesterday, developed and scanned it too. Shot with an original Nikon Y48 filter, this is from the railway station in Stavanger.

Nikon SP / Nikkor-S 1:1.4 f=5cm / Rollei Paul & Reinhold 640 @ 320 ISO in Rodinal.

U73354I1614526712.SEQ.0.jpg

Thanks guys. I love the rendering of that Sonnar lens! Where did you get the new Rollei film? It looks really nice.

Back