Nikon Sp Black and Nikkor 1:1.1 f=5cm

Ragman

Local time
5:01 PM
Hi, I am a newbie and so not really sure what I am doing ( hence this post). I inherited a lot of camera equipment from my father. I don't want to be ripped off by camera shops and so I am interested in what people think they are worth (separately or together?) and/or the best way to get them valued ( honestly). Also where is best to sell them ( I am in the UK) Many thanks in advance Alan
As requested by a number of members ( and thanks to the moderators for letting me post them again). Happy to post any other angles by request ��

Attachments

• image-2421675144.jpg
    image-2421675144.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 23
  • image-1224501616.jpg
    image-1224501616.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 21
  • image-3273458121.jpg
    image-3273458121.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 24
  • image-2486322977.jpg
    image-2486322977.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 26
  • image-3210070020.jpg
    image-3210070020.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited by a moderator:
Nice stuff
The lens goes for $2,000-$4000 depending on condition and accessories ( lens shade , case)
The black SP ? Not sure, chrome go for $1,000+
Black original ?

Nice stuff
The lens goes for $2,000-$4000 depending on condition and accessories ( lens shade , case)
The black SP ? Not sure, chrome go for $1,000+
Black original ?
Thank you.
I am sure it is an original. The last time it was used was around 30 years ago. I remember my father using it in the 1960's ( when I was pretty small)

I have tried but it keeps saying "invalid file type ". I have resized it and also checked it is a jpeg.

Try posting pictures on Flickr or photobucket etc and added the link or embedding the image using the BB code link from one of these sites

It looks a lovely set up. I wouldn't like to put a value on it - there are better qualified people than me here who can do that, but it is worth quite a good sum.

I wouldn't want to list it on Ebay. Better to leave that for the more run of the mill stuff. I would consider putting it in one of the Westlicht auctions held in Austria at regular intervals.

http://www.westlicht-auction.com/index.php?id=3&L=1

I wouldn't be in a hurry to sell. The whole process may take a year. While you're deciding what to do, have a look around and see if your father had any more bits that should go with it, which would enhance its value still further.......such as the valuable lens shade that went with the 5cm/1.1, or any original boxes, battery pack for the S36 motor, or other bits and pieces.

Last edited:
I would keep the SP and lens for now. They are quite rare, and the market is down at the moment. I bought a well worn original black paint SP in September 2015 for around $2500 from KEH.com. I learned from the previous owner (another RFF member who sold it to KEH) that KEH lost money on that camera.

I'd hate to speculate on a value today, but certainly quite a bit less than a year ago. Is probably worth it to have the camera and lens serviced if needed, enjoy them, and sell when the market is on an upswing.

The black S36 is extremely rare as well, likely 3 grand just for the motor alone. And definitely don't "restore" anything without professional knowledge as the value will suffer quite a deal...if you wanna shoot just get a set of regular SP for a fraction of the cost.

Do the kit happen to come with any accessories, like the lens hood?

an auction house is the way to go. You'll get better prices, more so if you can find the box and/or lens shade. Documents are also desirable, but I would imagine anything this rare to be well accounted for among collectors.

an auction house is the way to go. You'll get better prices, more so if you can find the box and/or lens shade. Documents are also desirable, but I would imagine anything this rare to be well accounted for among collectors.
but make sure it all works first or the will charge you to have repairs done to it!

The black S36 is extremely rare as well, likely 3 grand just for the motor alone. And definitely don't "restore" anything as the value will suffer quite a deal...if you wanna shoot just get a set of regular SP for a fraction of the cost.

Do the kit happen to come with any accessories, like the lens hood?

The only thing I have, so far, is the lens cap. I am still clearing my fathers possessions.

Thank you.
I am pretty sure my father bought it new ( probably on my occasion of my birth). Is there anyway to find out more about the camera?

where are the pics??

if these items are rare, let us seem them please :)

are we going to ban all gear pics in case somebody wants to make an offer?
Mod: The OP is free to repost images, since this is such a rare item.

All the info is out there on the web, start by searching eBay for completed listing. I'm sure there are a few online uk dealers that would love to sell for you.

Back