Nikon Z6 / Z7 Photos....

Very nice Larry.

All my film shots have been scanned w my Z7. Can I post those?

I know film is better, Huss, but you should maybe start occasionally using your Z7 for something other than as a glorified slide copier. Try it, you’ll like it.:)

..........the 85/1.8 wide open - this lens has no business being this sharp wide open!........

Sharp, yes the newer Nikon Z lenses are nuts in terms of sharpness (I know that’s not everything, but it’s definitely something.)

The MTF charts from the 70-200/2.8 zoom introduced yesterday are crazy good. Top one is comparison against the last two Nikon F versions, and the E lens was already one of the best, if not the best 70-200 zooms out there. The S version for the Z mount is something else again.

The second set of charts is for MTFs at wide and tele.

The Z 24-70/2.8 has tested out (photographylife.com) as the best 24-70/2.8 out there, and this one, if anything, looks to be even better. Reaching the point where one lens actually does seem to equal “a bag of primes”.? No? Just compare these charts against your favorite primes.

People are complaining about the price, what else, but for what it seems to be, it’s cheap. YMMV.

Oh yeah, I forgot, “It’s too big.”

I got the 24-70 last week and it’s a super lens. I pretty much got it for video, as it’s silent when focusing. The F mount 24-70/2.8 with the FTZ adapter makes a lot of noise when focusing.

Z6

Z6

49367848528_d76ecc5e53_h.jpg
[/url]Untitled by Atwood90, on Flickr[/IMG][/IMG]

Vince, thanks. The 50mm is a nice lens.....was going to try and limit my z lenses to one native lens, but I am so impressed with your results with the 85mm, that will have to come next.

Bob

Ears!

Ears!

I recently started using the Z7 and am generally pleased the files' potential for black and white conversions. I was happy to see that others have found something similar.

In any case, thanks to those who have posted for excellent examples and observations. I include one of my own images to add to the collection. It was taken with a Tamron 70-210 f/4 at f/4.

Dogs_ears_uxga.jpg

Back