no love for north america

There's alway's ebay, or a seller from Europe or other places. When I found
my panasonic GX-1 I got it from France real cheap we'll just have to wait.

Meh. The Canon doesn't interest me. But that new Olympus OM-D MkII, with the 40mp landscape mode and improved 5-axis IS - now THAT interests me, and it'll be sold in North America.

~Joe

No love from North America means no love for North America :angel:

It seems Canon still is on the fence with their mirrorless. That the marketing department claims that is will "..... Delivering DSLR-like performance within a compact system camera, the EOS M3 utilises Canon’s superb 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor, DIG!C 6 processor and advanced high-speed AF to create stunningly sharp images, even in low light." means nothing. Especially as Sony is giving us that with the even better Sony 24mp sensor.

Still, interesting camera. Maybe I should get one when they introduce the M4 :D

from the Canon Australian site....i think it's going to be a lot better than what most think.
It will be @ $600 with a kit lens and EVF....Canon site has some nice images from this camera.

"..... Delivering DSLR-like performance within a compact system camera, the EOS M3 utilises Canon’s superb 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor, DIG!C 6 processor and advanced high-speed AF to create stunningly sharp images, even in low light."

that price is much better than i thought it would be, i thought i read somewhere $850+ body only. at $600 with kit lens and evf, i think it's very competitive with other brands.

canon seems to be very careful about not cannibalizing their own dslr sales, and are also careful about product differentiation, often disabling features in their lower level bodies to create differentiation. with this body they may be realizing they need to be worrying about other companies taking sales.

Mirror less is just not a big market in NA. Asia and Europe are all over these, and that's where Canon is putting it's money. Shame, just love my M.

Mirror less is just not a big market in NA. Asia and Europe are all over these, and that's where Canon is putting it's money. Shame, just love my M.

For Canon it is not worth the headache to market the M3 in the USA after the M1's reception there, and the market is only 300 million people.
Their market where the M1 was received nicely is Asia.
Between China, India and Japan alone there is a market of about 2.7 Billion people.

For Canon it is not worth the headache to market the M3 in the USA after the M1's reception there, and the market is only 300 million people.
Their market where the M1 was received nicely is Asia.
Between China, India and Japan alone there is a market of about 2.7 Billion people.

No there isn't. China and India each have a billion dirt poor peasants and a SMALL middle class and even smaller elite class. Japan probably has more people who can afford expensive cameras than India and China combined. The USA definitely does.

Dislike mirrorless cameras. I think the concept is flawed.

The only thing worse is one of those zombie cameras ( P&S ).

My favorites are Nikon FX and Leica for a smaller package. For studio, Zone VI 4x5.

It is €729 body with 18-55 (no EVF) in Dutch shops and looking at one British shop it is 599 GBP. It seems Down Under is cheaper ;)

Back