No Sales Resistance

I keep being tempted by the Q, as there's just a very attractive set of features and design. The 28mm is not a barrier. I find myself frequently satisfied with 28-32mm effective focal lengths. While I like a good RF, my eyesight isn't the best and I do appreciate AF assistance. But I'm not so fond of "live view" which the Q depends upon. OTOH the Q's implementation is said to be extremely good (and not a big drain on the battery), so it might be useful to give it a try.

Yep, this morning I ordered one from PopFlash, a "mint used" one for a bit of cost savings. Since my wife uses a Panasonic GX8, we can share batteries. :)

Nitecore Battery Charger for Leica Q

Nitecore Battery Charger for Leica Q

I have Nitecore battery chargers for the Leica M8/M9 and M240 families. Very handy for travel as they are small and connect to power source via USB stub cable built in. They have some advanced features in conditioning batteries and a small display screen with info about the voltage and mAh, etc.

So I was disappointed that B&H shows the Nitecore charger for Leica Q batteries as "discontinued". But Nitecore's website indicates there's an "updated" version available, so I ordered one. Could be of interest to Q users... (and Sigma and Panasonic users too.) More info at www.nitecore.com

Nitecore Store URL:
http://www.nitecorestore.com/Nitecore-ULQ-Leica-Battery-Charger-p/chg-nite-ulq.htm

Description: Nitecore ULQ Digital USB Travel Battery Charger for Leica BP-DC12 Camera Batteries

Product code: CHG-NITE-ULQ

Price $59.95 with free shipping.

(I have no commercial connection with them!)

Interesting Rant, I always learn a lot about a camera when comments are real life. Cheers to RFF!

Announced, as of May 1st, there is a Leica price increase across the product line. The black Q goes from $4250 to $4495, up $245. Mayday! The timing of my order wasn't too bad...

Back