Noctilux Photos

V4 @ F1 on Leica SL

TG2019-4.JPG

Hmm wish I knew about this thread when I had one of my two Noctiluxes. I had both the f/1 and the f/0.95 - I have to say that in retrospect I preferred the f/1.

Better late than never, here are a few from my two Noctiluxes, taken with the M9M and M246….

Bob from Claunch by Vince Lupo, on Flickr

Mark by Vince Lupo, on Flickr

Mark by Vince Lupo, on Flickr

Little Bighorn by Vince Lupo, on Flickr

The Hand of God by Vince Lupo, on Flickr

Santa Rosa5 by Vince Lupo, on Flickr

Jerry by Vince Lupo, on Flickr

Cowboy Church Services by Vince Lupo, on Flickr

Lee by Vince Lupo, on Flickr

My Mother by Vince Lupo, on Flickr

DC Gallery 2013-2b by Vince Lupo, on Flickr

Carol by Vince Lupo, on Flickr

Mike2
by Vince Lupo, on Flickr

Vince, usually I don't like pictures made with this lens, but your shots here are simply great.

Erik.

Many thanks Erik - I have to say it was definitely a challenge to work with these lenses, particularly the 0.95. Ultimately (at the time) I sold it and got the Summilux instead. I think if I were to get a lens like that again, I’d pair it with the Leica SL (first version of the camera) or even the Nikon Z6/Z7.

Ultimately (at the time) I sold it and got the Summilux instead. I think if I were to get a lens like that again, I’d pair it with the Leica SL (first version of the camera) or even the Nikon Z6/Z7.

I don't know these cameras (I'll look them up); the Summilux you've used is the last version I presume (with floating elements). I'll look forward to the pictures.

What I saw at LUF with the Nokton 50mm f1 did not make me happy to put it mildly.

All the best!

Erik.

Back