Noctilux trance

Just too many folks have no clue around here, if I judge by the responses.

Judging the noctilux by its price tag is a tremendous error and I denote more jealousy then anything else. Just having a lens perform flawlessly from f2 and up and delivering exceptional imagery at f1.0 is a technical prowess no other company can do. Not even Canon nor Nikon. This fact alone makes the Noctilux worth it.

Last edited:
Olsen said:
I lived and worked in Stavanger, on the west coast, not far from Prekestolen. I frequently visited the place. Among others together with a friend of mine who brought his kids. Remember once, the kids ran in front of us. When we got to Prekestolen the young boy of 12 years sat with his feet dangling outside the cliff.

Picture here: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ed/Norway_Preikestolen.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d2/Preikestolen_platform2.png

His father and I crawled on our bellies shouting to the boy to get away from the cliff's edge. The boy, cooly, stood up and walked towards us....

Prekestolen; a hairy place....

That's a great story, Olsen! What a place to "hang out."

of course economy never does well alltogether with Noctilux. IT is really not surprising that the economically wise guy doesn't know how to get the juice out of the Noctilux due the lack of sense of art, fantasy, sensitivity. IT is also funny that due to logics and very well developed economic sense one is able to get the expensive lens as Noctilux or whatever and already is complaining about small issues to avoid the real doing i.e. photographing. Photography is not for such guys who judge photo tools by market value, inflation. The most wise decision from economical viewpoint is to sell the things which are not being used or not used properly, at the right way. But I can understand well that those speculative things are kept for eventual selling for higher prices when it is coming. Doctors, economists, snobbs, idiots... it never ends....

tomasis said:
of course economy never does well alltogether with Noctilux. IT is really not surprising that the economically wise guy doesn't know how to get the juice out of the Noctilux due the lack of sense of art, fantasy, sensitivity. IT is also funny that due to logics and very well developed economic sense one is able to get the expensive lens as Noctilux or whatever and already is complaining about small issues to avoid the real doing i.e. photographing. Photography is not for such guys who judge photo tools by market value, inflation. The most wise decision from economical viewpoint is to sell the things which are not being used or not used properly, at the right way. But I can understand well that those speculative things are kept for eventual selling for higher prices when it is coming. Doctors, economists, snobbs, idiots... it never ends....
Dear Tomas,

I strongly suspect you're right.

If you actually CARE about the pictures, and are convinced you need a particular piece of kit -- then you'll probably make it do what you want (and probably wouldn't do as well with anything else).

But passion for kit is a lot more common than passion for photography.

Even so, to argue with your last point, I know some doctors who are awfully good photographers. Tim Rudman, for example.

Cheers,

R.

Back